LauncherPro Killing me

jorger81#AC

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Been trying the LauncherPro free version for about a week or two....for the most part I love many things about it. But for some reason it is eating my battery.

What Gives ?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Been trying the LauncherPro free version for about a week or two....for the most part I love many things about it. But for some reason it is eating my battery.

What Gives ?

did you remember to remove all widgets off the TW launcher, otherwise you are running double the amounts of widgets def sucking down battery life

Reactions: spectre72

jjcasillas15

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Had the same problem. Didnt even think about the widgets I had running on Touchwiz. Had 4 of them going. So glad I came across this thread. Thanks!

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Go into settings>apps>manage apps>launcher pro and clear defaults. This will cause your home key to ask for the launcher. Then click on TW and remove the widgets. Good luck

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey Curly, are you saying to activate TW Launcher and delete the widgets then activate Launcher Pro and re-install them?

Well stock touchwiz widgets will not work on launcher pro. but yes you need to drag the widgets from TW launcher into the trash bin so they are not running in the background when using launcher pro.

if you would like to switch between launchers easily you can download Home switcher from the market

willyd

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue with Launcher Pro as I had TW and ADW installed before downloading to latest update to Launcher Pro. After I did, the battery was just getting killed even though I wasn't using Launcher Pro (ADW was active). Once I removed Launcher pro, my battery returned back to normal.

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue with Launcher Pro as I had TW and ADW installed before downloading to latest update to Launcher Pro. After I did, the battery was just getting killed even though I wasn't using Launcher Pro (ADW was active). Once I removed Launcher pro, my battery returned back to normal.

Any time you have three luncers installed; your battery is going to be depleted really fast.