Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone goes Black during call

Just curious if anyone had similar issues. When I place a call the screen goes black after 2 seconds and repeats the pattern if I click the side. I have received 2 different phones with the same issue. Do i have bad luck or is it the phone? Is there a fix for it?

Global Posts
    4,723 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock

When is it doing this? Are you on speakerphone? Using a headset of any kind? Is anything covering the top of the phone (proximity sensor)?

The proximity sensor will shut the screen off when something gets close to it (so your face won't press anything during a call). It should light back up when you move the phone away from your face.

I use speakerphone a lot, and the screen stays lit when doing that. I think the screen goes dark if I am using a headset.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory puzzle game for Android. ( Google Play - Amazon Appstore )

ROM
    CM7 92611Ntly / CM 7.0.3

I love this feature, it means the phone isn't glowing as you're driving down the road making that very quick, but illegal to do while you're driving, evening phone call ;-)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

happens when on speaker phone and when I try and put a password in voicemail or any other prompt- it is annoying as heck

try rebooting...mine does that occasionally and a reboot corrects it for a few days. I'm rooted on DJ05

ROM
    PowerWashed Gingerbread

I had the same problem, very annoying when you have to punch in any numbers like a credit card or meeting code.

The problem went away when I loaded "DL09 super clean 0.4" ROM

Mine does that, too. When the other person hangs up, the screen comes back. I use a Jawbone earpiece. I just figured it was a "feature" of the phone. Running dL09 here. I've had the phone for a little over a week. No major complaints, so far.

The stock Dl09 update fixed it for me.

Same here when I got the phone when it was released. I simply rebooted and haven seen it since.