1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Feeds and Updates

The only feeds I am getting are mine.This just started yesterday? Not getting any of my friends updates. My phone is stock. I checked all of the settings can find? If I open the Feacebook app they are there? Thanks

Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

Are you talking about Facebook? At this time, with 2.1, you will not get those push notifications, that functionality will be available in 2.2 (Froyo).
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    961 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10/Devil

I think he's talking about the Samsung Feeds and Updates widget. Do you have the accounts you want to show on the widget set up in Settings > Accounts and sync?
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

That I am a ware of. I am talking about the widget. Thanks
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

It work fine intill last night? I didn't change anything so not sure what happen
    just getting my feeds and nobody else. I was getting feeds for everything NCIS, Smallville and this morning just my stuff. Thanks

I agree, mine was working just fine last night as well. I noticed its just showing my own feeds and nothing else as well. I have not made any changes to my settings, it just stopped working. I never had this problem before. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

well hopefull its a tech glich and will be back working.

I'm having the same problem. I have the DL09 update.
    Thanked by:

Haha.i just noticed this morning this same thing happening and came straight to AC to check it out and sure enough...

I knew I couldn't be the only one

Hope it gets fixed soon. Already tired of looking at my ugly mug.
    Thanked by:

I have had the DL 09 update since it was released, and this problem just occured. So I would think/hope it has nothing to do with the update.
    Thanked by:

Yeah probably something server side. maybe the janitor bumped into the wrong switch last night
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

let's stop blamming the "update" I did my update on the 14th and this happen today the 27th. I was working fine until last night. the 26th
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I couldn't see a update doing this. Not this late in the download? There is a dis-connect some where between the server and the system?!?!? just my .02

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    ROM
    KangBang V1.2/OTB Kernel

The same thing happened to my girlfriend's and my fascinate today. We both have the OTA update, which I don't think is the problem causer. I just hope they figure out the solution soon, seeing as I use that particular widget quite often.
    Rooted Samsung Fascinate Running:
    Rom - GB NAMELESS v4.1
    Kernel - Stock (From EC09 Leak)
    Modem - EC09 (From Leak)
    Theme - Stock
    Mods - None
    Add Ons - None
    Other - None
    Thanked by:
    La

Smile Feeds and Update Widget not working

Mine isn't working either. Here's my theory...I think it has something to do with the new facebook update. I didn't accept the new update for facebook, but the fb system updated my account yesterday automatically. Which, as we all noticed, was the same day that my facebook feeds stopped working. I had to log in to fb with my pc, that's when I noticed that the News Feeds page has settings that I hadn't noticed before, for example you can now select who you want to see on that page.
    So, I'm thinking that the widget needs an update OR some creative soul needs to code one for the rest of us.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    stock

Both Mine and my wifes phones are having this error as well. Lol glad it's not just us
    Thanked by:
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Well this morning around 7:40 a.m. est time I checked after I changed to get ready for my work out at the gym and it had 26 "NEW FEEDS" So it seems it could be working. I just did the update at 9:00 a.m. so maybe some how they were tied together? Thanks to everyone whom stopped in and had something to say. JT
    P.S. I wonder why none of the techie people added anything to this?!?!?

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

I am having the same issue! I use this widget more than any other (for the most part) and it is getting annoying! I hope it gets fixed soon... I have also noticed a drop in my 3G coverage lately...
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Make sure you have done your *228 update. Mine has been working great since the 27th. Just a idea try a battery pull. Normaly you never need to but everyonce in a "blue moon" the phone resets the simple things and everything is good as gold. Good luck. JT