Fascinate update to fix problems...when?

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone heard when Samsung will release a fix or patch for their most recent update (DL09)?

None of the work-arounds work for me and I am just waiting for a patch or fix.

My advice to you is that if you haven't upgraded to the latest firmware...DON'T. Not yet at least.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
issues with DL09

My issue is that I can't mount my mini-SD card to my PC using the USB cable.

Until this gets fixed I have to physically take the SD card out of the phone and insert it into my PC to transfer files back and forth. Since my phone is in a snap-on case this is a big pain to do.

This is a problem MANY people are having with this. Just do a search and you will find the threads.

nobodysfool

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I just received a notification from VZW that a fix for the emergency call problem with the pattern lock will be sent soon. I personally don't use the pattern lock, so I haven't had that particular problem. Hopefully there will be more than just that issue fixed....

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I have seen so many folks complaining about problems after the DL09 update. I have not had any of these post update problems. My SD card still mounts fine, just like it always did. There is no VZW popup when I mount it. I do not have the double caps with Swype and it seems smoother after the update. Battery life is just as good as it was. The phone seems much snappier and the GPS is fantastically quick now.
Phone is stock, I use LPP, Widget Locker, Bedside, Locale, Custom Car Home, Office Suite, k-9 mail, Jorte, GTasks, and Checkmark among others. I have had absolutely no problems so far at all with the DL09. The only thing l lack is the dock speaker jacks working and being able to record from Tune-In radio. Other than than that, I don't know what else I could possibly want. Why should VZW issue a fix for what isn't broken? Most likely there is interference with some other app you guys are using and that can be murder to trace down.

gusnoodle

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I, too, am having the Swype issue. It seriously bites after this update. (too many inaccuracies, the couple capitalization issue, etc.) Has anyone posted a fix that will work?

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
tracking down the problem

Well, I don't think it is related to any app that I installed because this happened BEFORE I started installing apps. I got the phone last Wednesday and the first thing I did was update the firmware. I have had the mounting problem since the first day.

hoytshooter

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
My phone runs horribly on this DL09 as is typical with a VZW "update". Its so funny to listen to the VZW employees on here talking like this is the greatest phone ever. I guess if I had the perks and spiffs offered to employees I wouldnt complain either. Seriously VZW employees this phones junk, my original droid on 2.2 froyo was a far better phone..... yeah I know I should have stuck with it.

billsfan2

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
You guys are great....at least now I know why Swype was capitalizing the 2nd letter of each sentence all of a sudden! Just received the DL09 update recently. Had to turn off sentence capitalization because it was driving me crazy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1