Fascinate won't connect to my Mac anymore =(

ornery_hipster

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I went to add music to my Fascinate the other day from my Mac, mounted it when I connected the USB, and it showed up on my Mac as a Verizon Mobile disk instead of the regular white square icon that Macs show when something is connected.

On my phone it brings up a red triangle icon with an exclamation point in it that says "Select to disable USB Debugging" along with the regular "Mount/Don't Mount" option. I click Mount, it doesn't mount to my Mac even after letting it sit for quite some time, and then Mac pops up with "Disk Insertion: The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer." Then lets me select Initialize, Ignore, or Eject. The Verizon Mobile disk icon doesn't pop up on my Mac though doing this, instead, absolutely nothing happens.

I did a soft reset, I plugged and unplugged, I checked the Debug mode from USB settings, and I have Mass Storage selected. Nothing is working. I can't access my SD card at ALL from my Mac and I'm getting very angry

In other news, it's also not receiving all of my calls (I just get a voicemail notification if they leave one) and it deleted my music from itself a few weeks ago but somehow not my pictures. I'm not sure if they're related but I'm about to lose it.

riceje7

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
i have had this same problem, and when i go into the terminal and type './adb devices' my phone doesn't show up in the devices list... i just went to a verizon corporate store and was told that i can no longer mount the sd card or connect it to my computer( i.e. can't root anymore) because verizon wants to force me to use their media manager and pay $5 a month to do something that was free a couple of weeks ago. i don't know anything about kernels but i'm pretty tech savvy does anyone know if the adrynalyne kernel will fix the problem?

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
The only time I've had problems with ADB is when I installed EZtether, that jacked the connection.

As far as Adrynalyne's stuff, maybe, I don't know what version you're on but I think he made them for DJ05/DL09. EA28 there isn't any development for, everyone pretty much moved on to the Froyo leak.

I've honestly never had the infamous Mac problem so I can't help that much.

You can use DropBox in a pinch for smallish transfers, or big ones over Wifi. Bluetooth probably works too, I've never tried. Maybe try the wireless ADB app in the market?

motoprof

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
This is not a problem with DL30 leak and the mac. When I upgraded to DL09, that's when the trouble began. I used Webkey for transferring files on DL09 and I will keep my nasty comments about verizon to myself to protect young eyes.

SoNotTechSavvyLesa

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
My phone too- Iphone4 working?

Hi all i am having the exact same problem, I have tried everything and still for months i can't get my music to/from one device or the other. Does anyone know/think that maybe if you get the iphone4 for verizon you will be able to access your music? I thought maybe since the iphone and mac are inherently compatible it's worth a shot, but then thought Probably not because it will still be on the VZW network, but just asking.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay