phone not keeping correct time

Nytom30

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
My fascinate isn't keeping the correct time. Three times in the past two weeks the time was off by 5minutes. It happend on dl09 and now dl30. The verizon time and time widget are wrong. A reboot fixes it for a while.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
My fascinate isn't keeping the correct time. Three times in the past two weeks the time was off by 5minutes. It happend on dl09 and now dl30. The verizon time and time widget are wrong. A reboot fixes it for a while.

do you have your time set to automatic?

Nytom30

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't having it set to automatic make the phone use Verizon time as opposed to me setting it myself? I never had a Verizon phone display the wrong time before.

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
i had this happen once before. i have a feeling it may have to do with how the phone sleeps and all because after i restarted it it was fine ever since. what are you running right now? and how often do you restart your phone?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
i had this happen once before. i have a feeling it may have to do with how the phone sleeps and all because after i restarted it it was fine ever since. what are you running right now? and how often do you restart your phone?

thats a good thought. did you do anything to correct it or did it jsut go away at some point?

you wanna try it on manual time to see if it continues to screw up. if what you are doing isnt working try something else, basic rule of trouble shooting. even if it doesnt work atleast we learn something.

Nytom30

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying it on manual. I'm running DL30, only other things i have running are Launcher Pro Beautiful Widgets and titanium backup has lots of crap frozen.
This happened with DL09 also.
It just really sucked today coming back 5 minutes late every break :-(

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying it on manual. I'm running DL30, only other things i have running are Launcher Pro Beautiful Widgets and titanium backup has lots of crap frozen.
This happened with DL09 also.
It just really sucked today coming back 5 minutes late every break :-(

did you install the leak? i would use superclean or rubiks .3. they are debloated. dont bother with the freezing thing, i just delete crap i dont want.

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
thats a good thought. did you do anything to correct it or did it jsut go away at some point?

you wanna try it on manual time to see if it continues to screw up. if what you are doing isnt working try something else, basic rule of trouble shooting. even if it doesnt work atleast we learn something.

Went away never happened again

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

LaFinDuMonde

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
You might also want to check if its the actual time on the phone or simply a widget clock. Especially if you have a task killer. The killers can kill the program that pulls the time and simply leave it at a previous time.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You might also want to check if its the actual time on the phone or simply a widget clock. Especially if you have a task killer. The killers can kill the program that pulls the time and simply leave it at a previous time.

its his phone time thats messing up, but that is an excelent thought about the task killer. i havent touched one since the first week i had the phone so i didnt even think that. task killers can make your phone do stupid crap.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
titanium backup has lots of crap frozen.

This is the one thing that concerns me. The stock ROM's do not have any known issues with time issues, so if this is happening, the first thing to look at is 3rd party apps, and what they are doing. If the problem goes away after you've uninstalled something; you will have your answer.

skipper2

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue. I also have DL30 that I have been using since the first day it came out with no issues. Two times in the last week I have noticed that the time is off. Today it was by about 10 minutes. I never noticed it being off prior to last week. That may just be because it wasn't off by enough to make it stand out. I have changed the time to manual to see if that resolves the issue.

rapideyemovement

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me this morning. My girl woke me up (she's my personal alarm - I love it, much more pleasant than a annoying ringer/buzzer) at 8:15. Usually I sit in bed for about 15 before getting up. I checked my phone, and it read 7:06. I thought, "YES!!! MORE SLEEP!". But it was wrong. I had to reset it to get the correct time.

Super Clean 2.4 EB01

Hope someone gets to the bottom of this. Its the second time in a few weeks this happened. I may actually have to connect my radio clock in my room, oh my!

skipper2

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I posted yesterday that my phone was off by 10 minutes when I woke up, so I changed it off of automatic time. This morning it was off by 10 minutes again when not set to automatic. :(

DL30

mjsavage

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I have had the same issue in the morning it is off by like 5 min then it corrects itself during the day and works fine then next morning it is off about 5 min again. I am using super clean EB01 and didn't have any problems until Thursday was the first morning noticed it. I took it off automatic time and it still was off by like 5 min the next morning.

skipper2

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
That was it. I uninstalled simi Clock and when I did it this morning my phone went to the right time. Let's see if it stays that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy