GPS Issues even after DJ05

yaerinie

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
So after the DJ05 OTA update, I was ecstatic because GPS was FINALLY working for the first time since I bought the phone. Then it would occasionally take longer to lock on my location, but would work perfectly fine other times. And now, my phone is the same useless phone when it comes to GPS. It takes almost an hour to lock on, and I don't know what to do! No settings have changed, nothing. GPS just suddenly stopped working!!! Please help!!!:(

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
So after the DJ05 OTA update, I was ecstatic because GPS was FINALLY working for the first time since I bought the phone. Then it would occasionally take longer to lock on my location, but would work perfectly fine other times. And now, my phone is the same useless phone when it comes to GPS. It takes almost an hour to lock on, and I don't know what to do! No settings have changed, nothing. GPS just suddenly stopped working!!! Please help!!!:(

ok. dj05 was never an ota, it was a leak. check you settings>about phone. what is your firmware version, you baseband version and your build number?

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site

By any chance did it suddenly stop working last night (2/6)? My GPS went down from around 3 PM ET to about 11 PM ET yesterday. Every so often, things seem to go out that way -- sometimes it's on Verizon's end, other times, who knows...

I'm not sure what the problem was last night. I power-cycled the device several times, then it magically started working again.

One other thing to add: It seemed to find satellites faster with BT off.

yaerinie

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Sorry my mistake, not the leaked version, but whatever the OTA update was called, it was supposed to fix my GPS. As for last night, my problem has been persistent for the last week or so, and even today is not locking on. =( Help!

schwepdaddy

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I've been noticing problems with GPS on my Fascinate as well. Seems to have started right after the last bug fix was pushed to my phone on Saturday night. My weather widget still thinks I'm where I was on Saturday, and for the last two days Google Maps can't get a fix on my location.

Did the update break GPS? Or is this just something weird with my phone?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
GPS was quirky for me right up until the Froyo leak. DJ05 "kind of" fixed my GPS, as was the same with DL09. The reason I say kind of is because it worked for a while, then suddenly I'd be having problems with Navigation and Maps getting an accurate lock on my location, so I don't know how "fixed" it ever was with those to updates...improved is probably the correct term.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane