Phone Can Predict The Future - CWM Backup File Date

cyrmc

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Screenshot2011-02-08at71403PM.png

A ROM backup made today indicates tomorrows date. Looks like CWM uses GMT or maybe GMT-1 instead of the system time to stamp the backup file name. Just FYI if your looking for backups you swear you made on a certain date and time.

I'm seeing this on:

DL30
Super Clean 1.0

Both Mac and Phone time settings are accurate. Tried to search prior to posting in case this has been covered already.

CC

cyrmc

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Very interesting... Here is a screen grab from the phone, so it's not a MAC issue.

Running new CWM Green, i think your running Red if i recall correctly. Maybe that's the difference.

snap20110208_201338.png

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Very interesting... Here is a screen grab from the phone, so it's not a MAC issue.

Running new CWM Green, i think your running Red if i recall correctly. Maybe that's the difference.

snap20110208_201338.png

that very well could be. you need to be on the new red. stupid crap is gonna happen to your phone. you may not notice everyting all at once. just flashing new red wont fix anything by itself. you will have to reflash to fix stuff.

cyrmc

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info, was waiting for the dust to settle on Red, which it now has. Just flashed it..had a dumb a$$ moment when it would not boot into Red recovery beacuse I forgot to re-inset the sd card :p

Did another backup (initiated from Red recovery and not ROM manager) and the date is still tomorrow. Just weird! Well at least I have new Red on board.

Edit: Just read your post again: "you will have to reflash to fix stuff." I guess I will tinker with that tomorrow.

snap20110208_212335.png

cyrmc

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Cleared data, cache, dalvik. Flashed SC 1.0 again using new Red CWM. Set up the phone from scratch again. Performed a backup and still shows tomorrows date. Phone is running good with no issues so far, so I guess I wont worry yet.

CC

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Looking at the clock in your status bar, and comparing to your backup times, they are right. That would be UTC time, not central time

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I have this too, actually started with the new red cwm I think. I'm not nearly ocd enough to start re flashing over this though :)

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
That's strange. Ill reflash cause I'm bored so the time being off would be just an excuse for me.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

cyrmc

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I flash just for the fun of it sometimes, so not a big deal.

I have noticed today that my battery life has significantly improved. Same time yesterday with DL30/SC1.0 I was already at 50%. Today I'm at 90%! WOOHOO!

Could be anything, but the install of Red then the clear and re-flash of SC1.0 did not hurt it one bit.

Back to the original topic, looks like file name dates may use UTC time, which is not an issue.

CC

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I flash just for the fun of it sometimes, so not a big deal.

I have noticed today that my battery life has significantly improved. Same time yesterday with DL30/SC1.0 I was already at 50%. Today I'm at 90%! WOOHOO!

Could be anything, but the install of Red then the clear and re-flash of SC1.0 did not hurt it one bit.

Back to the original topic, looks like file name dates may use UTC time, which is not an issue.

CC

i just did a nandroid and mine used the right time. so i redownloaded the new cwm and reflash and same thing, the time is correct.