1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can you DL apps to pc then transfer to phone?

I am currently serving in Iraq and do not have access to wifi for my phone. Is it possible to download apps onto my computer and then install it on my phone with the data cable. Thanks

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

there are some apps you can dl to the pc. tell you what give me a list and i will see what i can come up with. if i cant find the dl link for ya i can set up one my self or maybe someone else would be willing to do the same thing. anything i can do to help pass the time for ya let me know, ive been there, it sucks.

I use a website called 4shared.com to get the free apps that are on the android market when I don't have a wifi connection. There are some premium apps that are posted so if you want to stay legal find the ones you know are already free.

My husband is also in Iraq and we want a Clock app for his phone for alarms. We want to download it to his computer then transfer to his phone. What app is best to do that and how. We are Android newbies.

ROM
    Eclipse 1.3 / PBJ non-oc

Beautiful Widgets is one, there's also a clock app included in SuperClean

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.
    -- Hunter S. Thompson

Thank you! Now should he unzip on his computer then move the file or unzip on his phone? Sorry, I am really ignorant with the new phones.

ROM
    Eclipse 1.3 / PBJ non-oc

Put the zip file on his SD card, boot into recovery, select install zip from SD card, then choose zip on SD card, and flash it there.

[How to] Install and Use Clockworkmod Recovery w/Screen captures
    If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.
    -- Hunter S. Thompson
    Thanked by:
    rkah67 

omg now I can't figure out how to get the ROM on my SD lol Whatta Nooob

Quote Originally Posted by SirValtam View Post
    omg now I can't figure out how to get the ROM on my SD lol Whatta Nooob
    Umm, what? That didn't make any sense.
    Anything you can do iCandobetter

If you're having kernel problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a glitch ain't one!

Don't be afraid to click the thanks button at the bottom of a post. It tells AC to put some skittles down the chute in our cage :-)

S.E. W810i (ret) S.E. W850i (ret) S.E. w902 (ret) S.E. satio (r.i.p. software support) , samsung fascinate (ret), droid 3 (backup), droid razr(returned), gnex mike's Π