Software Issue

meany105

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering buying a used samsung fascinate from an ebay power-seller. they say that it runs fine' but that it doesn't allow any apps to be run.

can this be fixed with a root and custom ROM, or some other fix, or is it a lost cause

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering buying a used samsung fascinate from an ebay power-seller. they say that it runs fine' but that it doesn't allow any apps to be run.

can this be fixed with a root and custom ROM, or some other fix, or is it a lost cause

That could go either way. I would say it is probably fixable, but with out actually seeing the phone it hard to say. See if you can get more details.
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like Voodoo - zero internal memory. If that's it, it's a quick fix.

+1 to this. My guess is the seller got it and didn't know what they were doing, and flashed something over voodoo, and are now getting 0.00 internal memory. Like Chris said, easy fix

crystal52307

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
How would you fix?

I have been playing around with different ROMS for awhile, but last night my husband wanted to try and somehow I ended up with a red CWM, took it forever for me to just get my phone to reboot, but now it says 0.00 internal memory. I understand enough to know what I'm doing to keep me out of trouble, but without knowing exactly what my husband did I don't know how to fix. Thanks in advance for any help!

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Can't you just buy it, activate it and return it to Verizon for a warranty replacement?

If it's the normal Voodoo problem, they'd just need to flash the all-in-one DI01 package with Odin. It would literally take less time than boxing the phone up to be sent back to Verizon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois