Front-facing camera

bubbadogg14

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I know the fascinate has an unusable front camera and was wondering if I could make a request to the developers to make it usable somehow... I don't know how this would be done maybe thru a rom or something I would think but if it could be done thru a rom I wana think it would have been done already.

SSmaster

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
how do you "know" that the fascinate has an unusable camera? Is it because you are looking at the light sensor and think that it is an "unusable" camera?

Sublym1

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
:confused: Unusable front-facing camera? Hmmmmmm... very interesting.

Check your user manual buddy. There is no front facing camera on the Fascinate.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Interesting tib-bit, I was reading somewhere that the fascinate has the slot/port for the front facing camera, and if you tear it down and do a tiny bit of modding, you can mount the one from an i-9000. Now we just need to find software support. Oh wait, it's a verizon phone built by samsung. LOL

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Interesting tib-bit, I was reading somewhere that the fascinate has the slot/port for the front facing camera, and if you tear it down and do a tiny bit of modding, you can mount the one from an i-9000. Now we just need to find software support. Oh wait, it's a verizon phone built by samsung. LOL

I was watching that video the other day. they modded it with a drill and a bit of solder. It was pretty slick actually. I will check youtube for the vid. Not sure if they got it to work

EDIT: Can't find it right off

jobzombi

May 10, 2011
Visit site
It was the vibrant. I would do it if you knew it could be done. As far the phone that had this done, it is not useable for video calls, ie Skype. Just to take pics of yourself. MAybe in the future.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12