Syncing info to Google

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone. I'm a native of the Thunderbolt forum, but I've been using my friend's Fascinate to hold me over, haha. Great phone. Sold me on Android forever now.

Anyways -

I'm having some trouble syncing all of my info to my Google/G-Mail account. Nothing will sync. I'll go into the options and start it and let it work with the spinny 'processing' arrows, but every time it just does that forever. It never actually completes the sync, although I've never gotten a message that it has failed either (the info hasn't synced though).

Any ideas? Is there just some simple little thing that I'm doing wrong that I'll feel stupid about within the next couple of responses?

I'm set to the main account, signed in etc. I go into settings > accounts&sync > and everything is turned on for Google. The ONLY thing that has synced to my Google account is my main email information from Live. Other than that; nothing.

Any quick fixes? :S

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone. I'm a native of the Thunderbolt forum, but I've been using my friend's Fascinate to hold me over, haha. Great phone. Sold me on Android forever now.

Anyways -

I'm having some trouble syncing all of my info to my Google/G-Mail account. Nothing will sync. I'll go into the options and start it and let it work with the spinny 'processing' arrows, but every time it just does that forever. It never actually completes the sync, although I've never gotten a message that it has failed either (the info hasn't synced though).

Any ideas? Is there just some simple little thing that I'm doing wrong that I'll feel stupid about within the next couple of responses?

I'm set to the main account, signed in etc. I go into settings > accounts&sync > and everything is turned on for Google. The ONLY thing that has synced to my Google account is my main email information from Live. Other than that; nothing.

Any quick fixes? :S

Try this

settings>applications>manage applications>gmail> clear data or cache whatever option it gives you......and are you able to download apps?

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Try this

settings>applications>manage applications>gmail> clear data or cache whatever option it gives you......and are you able to download apps?

I'm able to download apps, surf the web, call/text all my contacts saved to the phone, everything. I'll try that first part now though.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I found Gmail, and Gmail Storage. I can clear data, but will that harm anything if I do it?

EDIT: I can also Manage Space on Gmail. I'm looking at that first.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
no at worst you will have to sign back in

Upon opening the Gmail app after resetting data, I get a "Waiting for sync" Message at the top near the drag down menu, and a "Your email will appear shortly." message in the middle of the screen.

Nothing is working or doing anything. Auto-sync is still on too.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Upon opening the Gmail app after resetting data, I get a "Waiting for sync" Message at the top near the drag down menu, and a "Your email will appear shortly." message in the middle of the screen.

Nothing is working or doing anything. Auto-sync is still on too.

ok auto sync is on but is each individual setting checked off?

settings>accounts and sync>your account> then check off what you want sync'd

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
ok auto sync is on but is each individual setting checked off?

settings>accounts and sync>your account> then check off what you want sync'd

The only thing that wasn't checked to begin with is Calendar. Simple because I have no Google Calendar. Lol

EDIT: I can't even get it to start syncing now. Like I'll tap it, and it'll register the actual tap, but nothing happens at all now. Just the little click sound, but it doesn't process what I tapped.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. According to the phone it worked. But my Google account says otherwise. I even have let it sit now for close to 10 minutes, and I wouldn't think the transfer through Google server would take that long.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm. According to the phone it worked. But my Google account says otherwise. I even have let it sit now for close to 10 minutes, and I wouldn't think the transfer through Google server would take that long.

I dont know what to tell you other than do a factory reset if you able to...are you just borrowing the phone,........... you could update to froyo and see if it makes a difference

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I dont know what to tell you other than do a factory reset if you able to...are you just borrowing the phone,........... you could update to froyo and see if it makes a difference

I'm borrowing the phone from a friend, and did a factory reset with her permission the day after I got it. I'm not gonna touch on the rooting or anything. Hopefully I'll figure something out in the next two weeks :S

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm borrowing the phone from a friend, and did a factory reset with her permission the day after I got it. I'm not gonna touch on the rooting or anything. Hopefully I'll figure something out in the next two weeks :S

lol i would flash froyo, then flash it back before i gave it back, but im just crazy like that ....yeah it just maybe a google server glitch at the moment

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance