So was that rumor of video out over an usb-HDMI cable really just a rumor?

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Back last year there were rumors about the Fascinate being able to do video out with an usb to HDMI converter cable once froyo was available. Well, here we've gotten two leaks and I haven't heard anything else about it. So can we assume that was just an unfounded rumor?

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Back last year there were rumors about the Fascinate being able to do video out with an usb to HDMI converter cable once froyo was available. Well, here we've gotten two leaks and I haven't heard anything else about it. So can we assume that was just an unfounded rumor?

Its not an offical release so the cable wont be out if there is one untill an offical release happens

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

DerekCA

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The cables are available but the video out support has not been enabled on the fascinate when it is available on some other Galaxy S phones.

I haven't found anything in either Froyo release that would seem to indicate that video out has been enabled or will be enabled with the current builds.

So, either the Fascinate is getting shorted again compared to other Galaxy S phones or it will have to be enabled via some future update. (Yeah right)

Looks like we will not be getting the video out love that most of the other Galaxy S phones get.

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I figured, it just seemed like nobody was talking about it, and it was a hot topic last year. If it isn't in these updates then I certainly am not holding my breathe.