Can I use my Bluetooth ear piece to listen to TV audio on my Fascinate?

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Fascinate only two weeks and my new Bluetooth headset came today. It is a Samsung Modus 3500.

I was hoping to use it to listen to my TV audio on my cell phone. I am using Slingbox for TV viewing. Apparently I can only use it for phone calls (primary function of course) or listening to music through a music player that is on my cell phone. All other audio from my cell phone does not work with this ear piece.

Is there a way to do what I want to do? Am I stuck with plugging in a corded earphone and being tethered?

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
a2dp

According to the specs, both the Fascinate and the headset support A2DP audio.

Any other ideas? Does anyone know of bluetooth earphones or ear piece that will work for me the way I want.... TV audio from my cell phone?

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I've got a slingbox, and I can stream the audio through my Bluetooth car stereo just the same as Pandora or any other audio source

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Really?

I have to wonder what I am doing wrong? Upon further investigation I found out that I can only hear music when I have the phone operation open, such as making or taking call.

I think I am going to return the headset. I have little use for it for just calls only. I guess I will have to stick to the plug in earphones (sigh).

MsGadget13

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I use a Plantronics T1 with A2DP and Slingbox through it works GREAT. Usually around $99 but Fry's recently had it on sale for around $44.00.

Voice dial isn't working perfectly, but haven't had a chance to look into it. My first priority was great sound during phone calls, I can say "answer" to connect calls and music, Tivo through the headset. Even outside calls in the wind are better than previous headsets and I've had a bunch.

I tried the Jabra Pebble and it worked too, but battery life was terrible.

skipper2

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I use the Jawbone Icon series which does have A2DP. It doesn't have it enabled out of the box, you have to update via the Jawbone website, but it works for me with music player, phone calls, navigation, text input when text messaging, music via TuneIn radio. I guess everything but I have not specifically tried TV.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
According to the specs, both the Fascinate and the headset support A2DP audio.

Any other ideas? Does anyone know of bluetooth earphones or ear piece that will work for me the way I want.... TV audio from my cell phone?

Go to Settings-Wireless-Bluetooth. Then tap and hold on the device name and check options. Make sure both phone and media are checked.

Media must be enabled.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
worwig,

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

That is what I needed to make it work. I didn't realize you could hold down the Bluetooth settings for the device and could check those boxes! I never knew they were there! Now I have audio from TV via Slingbox!

It is a good thing I hadn't shipped it back yet, although I had packaged it back up and it was ready to go (smile).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech