Rumored froyo update...again.

Bunnyfeet

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone heard that there MAY be a Froyo update for the Samsung Fascinate on February 21st or 22nd??? It could be another false alarm. How long is Verizon/Samsung going to make us wait? New phones are starting to come out with 2.3 Honeycomb already. We'll probably get the update when it's time to upgrade. I can't understand WHY this Froyo update isn't rolling out. :confused:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone heard that there MAY be a Froyo update for the Samsung Fascinate on February 21st or 22nd??? It could be another false alarm. How long is Verizon/Samsung going to make us wait? New phones are starting to come out with 2.3 Honeycomb already. We'll probably get the update when it's time to upgrade. I can't understand WHY this Froyo update isn't rolling out. :confused:

Welcome to android central... and most likely it is true since alot of us here are already running froyo and the leaks and updates seem to be coming out alot quicker recently .

RobUM2011

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I think we'll see an official release sometime before the end of the month. Just seems like Verizon has it pretty close to done. So the 21st/22nd is definitely a possibility.
Also, just a correction. 2.3 is gingerbread ;)

JJRocker

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Well, there have been 2 different froyo leaks in the past week alone. And the latest (EB01) seems and feels pretty polished and complete. So I would say it's pretty fair odds that an official release is imminent and the 21st or 22nd seems about right. If you're feeling somewhat brave, I would heartily recommend you root your phone and enjoy the froyo goodness that a lot of us already are. It's not nearly as hard as you might think (I'm a total rooting noob myself and I thought it was a piece of cake), and the payoff is well worth it.

tw105188

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I personally liked droidxcon's complete odin file. Get comfortable reading about odin (if you're not already) and its click =froyo. But plenty of how to's with recovery too. Even if you think you messed up your phone, ANY of these smart guys will set you straight. A great community over here, and I'm glad to be a part of it!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

markhunsaker

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I flashed the super clean version without a single hitch. I flashes the full FroYo verision....which was my first Odin experience and found it extremely painless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol