Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Music Player showing wrong cover art

Anybody else having this problem?

My MP3s are tagged correctly (as far as I can tell), and if I play the same files on my PC I get the right cover art. They are all embedded in the files themselves, and I do not have any jpg files in there.

We all like Billy, but I don't like that he shows up in at least 9 of the albums I have loaded. I tried one suggestion to go to the Album view and open it from there, but these "bad Billy" albums don't show up in that view. You can only see them in the Songs or Artists views. Its possible something is wrong with the tags, but they look correct to me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Music Player showing wrong cover art-sc20110211-090942.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by bluevolume View Post
    Anybody else having this problem?

My MP3s are tagged correctly (as far as I can tell), and if I play the same files on my PC I get the right cover art. They are all embedded in the files themselves, and I do not have any jpg files in there.

We all like Billy, but I don't like that he shows up in at least 9 of the albums I have loaded. I tried one suggestion to go to the Album view and open it from there, but these "bad Billy" albums don't show up in that view. You can only see them in the Songs or Artists views. Its possible something is wrong with the tags, but they look correct to me.
    You could always try another player and see if it's a problem with the files or the player. I seriously doubt the kernel/rom would mess with this in any sort of fashion.
    Anything you can do iCandobetter

If you're having kernel problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a glitch ain't one!

Don't be afraid to click the thanks button at the bottom of a post. It tells AC to put some skittles down the chute in our cage :-)

S.E. W810i (ret) S.E. W850i (ret) S.E. w902 (ret) S.E. satio (r.i.p. software support) , samsung fascinate (ret), droid 3 (backup), droid razr(returned), gnex mike's Π

ROM
    CM7

ive had this problem too with the default player. no idea whats wrong either, but i also never bothered to ask.

i also tried using another player. doubletwist since they said it synced with itunes, but then it never loaded any of the song data (no names or artists or albums)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Jgonzo1299 View Post
    ive had this problem too with the default player. no idea whats wrong either, but i also never bothered to ask.

i also tried using another player. doubletwist since they said it synced with itunes, but then it never loaded any of the song data (no names or artists or albums)
    I downloaded MixZing (just picked something that had good rating) and its showing the cover art correctly. It seems like a pretty serious bug to be in the stock music player this far down the road.

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

i have a similar problem. most of my cover art will not load at all.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I figured out what it is doing, but it doesn't help solve the problem. If you have more than album with the same Album Title, it gives them all the same pic. That Billy Idol album is the first on in my collection with the title "Greatest Hits", so every other mp3 with album title of "Greatest Hits" shows that same cover art.

Like I was saying earlier, this is pretty bad for an OS that's had this many revs. This should be 1.0 problem for sure.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

any known solutions to this problem?

Post Re: Music Player showing wrong cover art

friends,
    Finally i fixed it.
    1, Connect you phone to your pc.
    2, Go to the folder which contain your mp3 files.
    3, Press Alt Key> Tools> Folder Option> View> check "Show hidden files, folders, and drives".
    4, You will see some hidden pic. Normally it will be the wrong album art you see in the music player. Delete all the hidden files from the folder except your mp3 files.
    5, Go to your music player and check whether the problem fixed or not.
    6, If the problem is not fixed, Again Go to your music folder & copy only your mp3 files> create a new folder> paste there> delete old folder.

----YOU DONE IT----