Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Mobile Data button

Hello. I recently updated to the Superclean Froyo build and was wondering what the Mobile Data button does? I've left it on as it already was when I booted my phone after the update, but was simply curious about its purpose. I'm sure this question has been asked before but I figured I'd ask myself. Thanks again!

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by drjohnson89 View Post
    Hello. I recently updated to the Superclean Froyo build and was wondering what the Mobile Data button does? I've left it on as it already was when I booted my phone after the update, but was simply curious about its purpose. I'm sure this question has been asked before but I figured I'd ask myself. Thanks again!
    turns off the phones ability to use the cell internet. no updates fro email and such. market wont work.

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

+1 to what Mike said. It essentially turns of mobile data over the cell network (a feature I've been dearly missing from my BlackBerry).

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks

I suppose that comes in handy whilst playing a game if you don't want a touch of lag from an email or whatnot.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Would that help save battery life while my phone is simply idle? And thanks for the quick reply!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by drjohnson89 View Post
    Would that help save battery life while my phone is simply idle? And thanks for the quick reply!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    maybe. it just depends on whats going on with your phone. battery is the one thing almost everyone that uses the fascinate struggles with. check out how to battery thread.
    Thanked by: