market downlaods not working after root.

Hollaback72

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
when attempting to download an app it gets stuck in the " starting download " phase but it never starts.

have seen other posts on this without fixes

help would be appreciated

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
when attempting to download an app it gets stuck in the " starting download " phase but it never starts.

have seen other posts on this without fixes

help would be appreciated

I have encountered this in the past but the Market tends to let me download after a couple of attempts. I have read in another forum:

I am not sure if this will help. I have seen Market issues resolved with clearing the market:
Settings> Applications>Manage Applications > All (Scroll to Market and select it. Clear the cache. If that does not help go back to the market and Clear Data.

Hollaback72

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I have encountered this in the past but the Market tends to let me download after a couple of attempts. I have read in another forum:

I am not sure if this will help. I have seen Market issues resolved with clearing the market:
Settings> Applications>Manage Applications > All (Scroll to Market and select it. Clear the cache. If that does not help go back to the market and Clear Data.

cleared cache....how do i clear data from market? Thanks

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
cleared cache....how do i clear data from market? Thanks

Same location as the clear cache.. Hmmm There should be a button to Clear Data under the market Menu.. Settings> Applications>Manage Applications > All.

Should be right above the Clear Cache button. If it is not lit you have not data to clear. You can reboot the phone and see if that allows the market to download.

Hollaback72

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I have tried everything....I unistalled market update which took my market back to stock. It won't allow me to update existing apps or download new ones. they all get stuck at " downloading now". crazy stuff. if I do a wipe will I lose root?

Hollaback72

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I figured it out

Apparently, google talk is required to be running for the market to function porperly. I had recently froze Talk, Google talk service, and google talk storage and thats what caused the market to stop working. Thanks for your help.

DBug

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Apparently, google talk is required to be running for the market to function porperly. I had recently froze Talk, Google talk service, and google talk storage and thats what caused the market to stop working. Thanks for your help.

Well I deleted talk from /system/apps is there anyway I can get the stock back or an alternativa that's compatible with 1.6. Oh yea I got a Motorola Devour.

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Well I deleted talk from /system/apps is there anyway I can get the stock back or an alternativa that's compatible with 1.6. Oh yea I got a Motorola Devour.

Please post in the proper forum, this is for the Verizon Fascinate not the Devour

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835