new update?

doctorj1

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
got an update pushed to my phone this morning, its labeled as SCH-I500_CommercialPackage_DI01ToEA28

but it failed to install after I download it says Update failed or incomplete. reason: IP_PREVIOS_UPDATE_FAILED

anyone else get this update or have any idea why its failing on me? I'm rooted but no custom ROMs or anything

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
got an update pushed to my phone this morning, its labeled as SCH-I500_CommercialPackage_DI01ToEA28

but it failed to install after I download it says Update failed or incomplete. reason: IP_PREVIOS_UPDATE_FAILED

anyone else get this update or have any idea why its failing on me? I'm rooted but no custom ROMs or anything

did you freeze or delete any bloatware?

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
if you've moved or deleted certain apps on your phone the update will fail. move them back or restore them and try running the update again

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It failed because you're rooted. The update does a system check before installing and if certain things are different, it won't work. Don't worry about it though. The EA28 update just adds a feature that allows you to make emergency calls while the phone is locked. You're not missing anything special without it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

doctorj1

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
unfortunately, i'm an idiot and i uninstalled some bloat after i rooted but before i backed everything up. I know, dumb. unfortunately thats the price of learning this stuff. should i flash an original ROM to get all that back and then re-root and reinstall everything?

or better yet should i just flash a froyo ROM and be done with it? All I would want is froyo without the bloat and wireless tether, link please?

sorry for all the questions, still new and i checked through some of the stickies but wasn't sure what would be the one to go with and the simplest way for a beginner to get there

thanks guys, really appreciate it

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
with the froyo roms out right now, they recommend you don't use wireless tether unless you are paying for the hotspot feature since they might be able to track you using it and charge you for it. otherwise there's a superclean froyo rom that removes almost all the bloat: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...om-dl09-super-clean-0-4-eb01-2-4-updated.html

you will need to flash the EB01 modem via Odin first to take advantage of the froyo rom, detailed here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...roms-w-root-new-clockwork-updated-2-15-a.html

if you want to stick with eclair and get EA28, then you can flash back to stock DI01 and upgrade from there. guide here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ls-trade-troubleshooting-returning-stock.html

goodfreegames

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I just got an update message about an hour ago, but it said Download Failure.
I checked under About Phone > System updates.
If I click Status, it says Server Unavailable / Code 500, with time of 3:10pm EST.
If I click Check New, it gives me the Please wait... for a few seconds, then disappears.

Is this 2.2 they're sending out? I'm guessing the server is overloaded if so :'(

doctorj1

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
alright, i'm going to give this a go tonight, i'll let you know how it goes
i'm going to go with Debloated/Deodexed Froyo Leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod

last question, to get all my contacts and everything back after this is done, do i just reload my back up from titanium back up or what is the easiest way to do that? or do I have to reload everything?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
alright, i'm going to give this a go tonight, i'll let you know how it goes
i'm going to go with Debloated/Deodexed Froyo Leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod

last question, to get all my contacts and everything back after this is done, do i just reload my back up from titanium back up or what is the easiest way to do that? or do I have to reload everything?

I use backup assistant to back up and restore my contacts. Others suggest to sync contacts with your google account. And yes use Titanium backup to backup and restore your apps. Open TiBu, hit backup/restore at top/center of screen, hit menu button, hit batch, choose backup all apps and system data. When you go to restore - open TiBu, hit backup/restore, hit batch, choose ALL MISSING APPS WITH DATA, all set.