Can't receive mms...

diesel43078#AC

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I hate to post this cause I'm sure it's been answered before, but I searched the fascinate forums for about a half hour and couldn't find anything relevant. I can send MMS messages, but often times, can't receive them. The text bubble will pop up and say "downloading" but I never receive the message. I'm runing the DL30 froyo leak. Anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this issue?

Thanks,

Anthony

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I hate to post this cause I'm sure it's been answered before, but I searched the fascinate forums for about a half hour and couldn't find anything relevant. I can send MMS messages, but often times, can't receive them. The text bubble will pop up and say "downloading" but I never receive the message. I'm runing the DL30 froyo leak. Anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this issue?

Thanks,

Anthony

upgrade to eb01

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
First, try rebooting.

Did you have this issue when your phone was stock? Did you have other people try sending you a pic to see if it's limited to just one carrier? Also, are you using a third party messaging app?

sroake4

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem quite often. I have rooted EA28 but am still stock. I restart the phone and get messages from days ago and multimedia messages just say downloading but never do.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

kbbentley

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here. Just got a hard reset at the Verizon Store.... still can't receive MMS messages. Found out it's only from AT&T. Odd..

smhekma

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I had this same problem back when this thread was started :eek: I have found that if you go to the message thread screen and open up the settings and turn off the automatic retrieve that should fix your problem. You will actually have to click the download button with each mms, but it should work. I can't say that I have done this fix on stock ED01-04 roms but I have used it effectively on EB01, SuperClean, and Com Rom all with good results.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same problem, disabled Juice Defender, and no longer have the issue. Perhaps there is something similar running on other's phones that causes this?

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
When was the last time you did the *228? You may not be getting the right communication from the towers.