1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Super Frankenclean 2.8

Default Can't receive mms...

Ok, I hate to post this cause I'm sure it's been answered before, but I searched the fascinate forums for about a half hour and couldn't find anything relevant. I can send MMS messages, but often times, can't receive them. The text bubble will pop up and say "downloading" but I never receive the message. I'm runing the DL30 froyo leak. Anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this issue?

Thanks,

Anthony

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by diesel43078 View Post
    Ok, I hate to post this cause I'm sure it's been answered before, but I searched the fascinate forums for about a half hour and couldn't find anything relevant. I can send MMS messages, but often times, can't receive them. The text bubble will pop up and say "downloading" but I never receive the message. I'm runing the DL30 froyo leak. Anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this issue?

Thanks,

Anthony
    upgrade to eb01

Global Posts
    2,340 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

First, try rebooting.

Did you have this issue when your phone was stock? Did you have other people try sending you a pic to see if it's limited to just one carrier? Also, are you using a third party messaging app?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Super Frankenclean 2.8

No third party messaging app. Doesn't seem to be limited to a specific carrier. Will try a different ROM and see if that helps.

ROM
    EA28 Rooted and Debloated

I have the same problem quite often. I have rooted EA28 but am still stock. I restart the phone and get messages from days ago and multimedia messages just say downloading but never do.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Reflash to the dl09

Default Re: Can't receive mms...

Same problem here. Just got a hard reset at the Verizon Store.... still can't receive MMS messages. Found out it's only from AT&T. Odd..

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    ROM
    Tweaked 2.2

I had this same problem back when this thread was started I have found that if you go to the message thread screen and open up the settings and turn off the automatic retrieve that should fix your problem. You will actually have to click the download button with each mms, but it should work. I can't say that I have done this fix on stock ED01-04 roms but I have used it effectively on EB01, SuperClean, and Com Rom all with good results.
    "Baby needs a new pair of shoes"

I was having the same problem, disabled Juice Defender, and no longer have the issue. Perhaps there is something similar running on other's phones that causes this?

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Devil 40.1

When was the last time you did the *228? You may not be getting the right communication from the towers.
    I know enough to get into trouble, but not enough to get myself out of that trouble.

For me, what worked was turning the mobile data back on. With it off, I could still receive text messages but no multimedia.