Fascinate Froyo Speculation and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Z

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
So basically Verizon and Samsung are giving two different stories, which puts us in the same boat we were in yesterday (knowing nothing of fact).

imartez

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm tired of waiting for the 2.2 update. I updated my phone to the Superclean 2.6 in this post.

My phone was so sluggish and just kept locking up on the i500.EA28 verizon package. It was to the point where it wasn't very useful. After upgrading, I have no regrets! My phone is faster, I have no lockups and it's FROYO! The process took me all of 10 minutes from start to finish. Just follow the instructions on the post and you can't go wrong.

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
the samsung chat reps have been saying the same formed response the past 2 months about Froyo for fascinate. dont hold your breath on getting it! Would be nice but never going to happen.

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm tired of waiting for the 2.2 update. I updated my phone to the Superclean 2.6 in this post.

My phone was so sluggish and just kept locking up on the i500.EA28 verizon package. It was to the point where it wasn't very useful. After upgrading, I have no regrets! My phone is faster, I have no lockups and it's FROYO! The process took me all of 10 minutes from start to finish. Just follow the instructions on the post and you can't go wrong.

I aggree, I'm running Superclean 2.4, none of the lock up problems or Force Close issues, only thing i'd like is a better battery life.

imartez

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I aggree, I'm running Superclean 2.4, none of the lock up problems or Force Close issues, only thing i'd like is a better battery life.

Better Battery life would be nice. The big old 4" Super AMOLED screen has a lot to do with sucking the life out of the battery. Even still, I'm happy with froyo!

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
ok My bad. We will be getting it at SOME point but to little to late! At least they could just give a date in the future. Then make us all wait till then and release it earlier than that.

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I love the no FroYo still. I love it. I love it sooo much. I love it tenderly. I love it endlessly. I love it in the morning. I love it in the evening. I love it at supper time.

I love you Fascinate. I love you Verizon. I love you Eclair. I love you Samsung. I love.

LOVE.

Stop! In the Name of Love!:-*

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
All the other SGS variants are getting updated, so the Fascinate will too. It was the last device (of the major four) to be released, so it makes sense it will be the last to get updated

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
wait

I got tired of waiting too. In my case I couldn't mount by USB cable to my PC and that was very annoying. I flashed to Superclean 2.6 and everything works now!

chilly3333

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Keep seeing EB01. What is this and how does it help with the 3G connection problem on Fascinate. What do I need to do to try the EB01 fix?

I feel like the 3G issue is intentional as a way to move us to a 4G phone in the future. ???

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Chilly what kind of problem are you having with 3G, I havnt had any problems with my phone so dont know what you are talking about on the 3g connection.

kushi41

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
i need help what is the best version to use cause im new at rooting and im sick of 2.1 i want something better faster can anyone help me thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.