Media player issues, what Media player is everyone using?

ChaoSki

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I kind of like the default Media player that came with the phone, but I have few issues with it.

1. It doesn't pick up all my music.
2) I really wish I can simply define the folder my music is in and have it default to pull up that folder >with folders inside of it vs Auto Manage. 1 work around I found was to access music through My Folder, then I see all the folders right BUT when I kick off the songs it seems like it starts playing either in another media player or a simplified version as all the menus/options are gone.

I actually like the rest of the features and would prefer to use the default media player, but those 2 above are major flaws.

What other good media players are out there? What is everyone using?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I kind of like the default Media player that came with the phone, but I have few issues with it.

1. It doesn't pick up all my music.
2) I really wish I can simply define the folder my music is in and have it default to pull up that folder >with folders inside of it vs Auto Manage. 1 work around I found was to access music through My Folder, then I see all the folders right BUT when I kick off the songs it seems like it starts playing either in another media player or a simplified version as all the menus/options are gone.

I actually like the rest of the features and would prefer to use the default media player, but those 2 above are major flaws.

What other good media players are out there? What is everyone using?

need more details. are you rooted? what rom are you on?

bluevolume

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I am searching for a good player also. I have PowerAmp right now, and it seems pretty good. It's pretty hard on the battery, but I guess you get that with the extra signal processing that it does.

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So far I've found that power amp is great for music, with the chose ur folders options (for the files the default player wont find) and real player is what I'm using for playback of video files

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I've been using that Motorola one that leaked out a month or so back that is coming with the Atrix and Droid Bionic. I really like the lyrics feature.

Dsat1908

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Meridian also. It works fine but I wish it had an equalizer. I will pay for one that works well AND has the equalizer.

Last edited:

tnez21

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Really liking it too just wish it wouldn't show system files. But many great features, I want to test the radio but needs head phones to test it

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

ezas

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Surprised no one has mentioned Mixzing. Basic version works great. Very flexible equalizer. You can set how many bands you want and how much cut or gain. Also equalizer flashes red if music is clipping and has a gain slider to adjust.

And best of all for me. It's a free player that supports .ogg files.

Has a really cool opening screen, but opening screen can be set via settings. Comes with choice of 6 home screen widgets and a lock screen widgets.

Anyway it's my favorite but I've only tried stock (doesn't support Ogg) and Power Amp. I didn't care for power amp but others seem to like it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad