Launcher Pro Force Closing?

esrakes24

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I put Debloated/Deodexed Froyo Leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod on my fascinate yesterday. and today launcher pro keeps force closing. Any ideas as to why?

j32driver

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm running the stock EB01 and I've been having problems with Launcherpro as well. It seems to have calmed down, but I still get a couple FC's per day.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
hmmm... I've only noticed this if the phone just boots up and I try to do something before the phone finishes booting up, but I just press "wait" and it's ok. otherwise it's been working pretty well for me.

drjohnson89

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I was having the exact same problem. I've switched to adwlauncher and like it for the most part. It ran really smoothly at first (now my phone is running like absolute garbage and I can't figure out why), and it features a lot of the same customization launcher pro has. Once the launcher pro glitch gets worked out I'll definitely be going back though!

tnez21

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Had the same issues, esp when rebooting damn thing would always freeze. You can try moving LP to the system/app folder and completely removing TW and running the fix permissions script. that worked for me but before I did all that I tried out another launcher (Go launcher Ex) liked it so much that I dropped LP. I would try ADW but I heard that it breaks the long press google search mod.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I put Debloated/Deodexed Froyo Leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod on my fascinate yesterday. and today launcher pro keeps force closing. Any ideas as to why?

Same setup here and my LP forces closes more often (about once a day) now than when I was running stock. Don't really know why.

I'm running the stock EB01 and I've been having problems with Launcherpro as well. It seems to have calmed down, but I still get a couple FC's per day.

hmmm... I've only noticed this if the phone just boots up and I try to do something before the phone finishes booting up, but I just press "wait" and it's ok. otherwise it's been working pretty well for me.

I was having the exact same problem. I've switched to adwlauncher and like it for the most part. It ran really smoothly at first (now my phone is running like absolute garbage and I can't figure out why), and it features a lot of the same customization launcher pro has. Once the launcher pro glitch gets worked out I'll definitely be going back though!

Had the same issues, esp when rebooting damn thing would always freeze. You can try moving LP to the system/app folder and completely removing TW and running the fix permissions script. that worked for me but before I did all that I tried out another launcher (Go launcher Ex) liked it so much that I dropped LP. I would try ADW but I heard that it breaks the long press google search mod.

Everybody needs to remember EB01 is a leaked Froyo ROM, therefore Samsung and Verizon have not signed off on it. Remember when Verizon said the Fascinate would have Froyo before the end of 2010? Obviously they were having problems with some bugs they can't seem to fix, and that may be the cause of the delay in releasing Froyo. Just keep in mind this is not an finalized, official, approved build.

tnez21

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't think anyone has forgotten that. I'm sure people just want to know what others have done to maximize their Leaked froyo.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't think anyone has forgotten that. I'm sure people just want to know what others have done to maximize their Leaked froyo.

Gotcha. Things will probably get much better once the source code is released and the devs can put out some custom kernels.

drjohnson89

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I look forward to that day. For now, I'll gladly take my leaked build that people have worked so hard to make. Anything beats the stock set up *shivers*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy