Post-Root Questions

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
So I just rooted my SF this past weekend, so now I am looking to get the most out of my phone!

I am VERY new to all of this, so please be patient with me, i'm learning!

I used ODIN to install 2.2 Froyo (really just followed the one-click directions so what the actual process does is still confusing to me)

Anyway...

What can I do now to make my phone run at a faster speed and reduce lag, and also get better 3G and GPS reception?

I was reading around and saw others posting their Quadrant scores. So, I ran Quadrant Standard (although I do not fully understand what it is testing) and was just under 1000... which I dont know if that is good or what?

Like I said... very new and I will continue reading and searching for more info, but anyone that can help or point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in adavance!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So I just rooted my SF this past weekend, so now I am looking to get the most out of my phone!

I am VERY new to all of this, so please be patient with me, i'm learning!

I used ODIN to install 2.2 Froyo (really just followed the one-click directions so what the actual process does is still confusing to me)

Anyway...

What can I do now to make my phone run at a faster speed and reduce lag, and also get better 3G and GPS reception?

I was reading around and saw others posting their Quadrant scores. So, I ran Quadrant Standard (although I do not fully understand what it is testing) and was just under 1000... which I dont know if that is good or what?

Like I said... very new and I will continue reading and searching for more info, but anyone that can help or point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in adavance!

How fast your phone is going to run depends on which version of Froyo you are running. Superclean 2.6 is real snappy. It also depends on what else you have running on your phone. Don't know much that will improve your 3G and GPS reception. Some say quadrant scores are irrelevant, some say running voodoo gives a marginal, almost negligible speed difference.

You should post these questions in the thread where you got your Froyo update, you will get more responses.

djlim4

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Yea, like Landshark said, the ROM you're running will make a significant difference. You can take the longer route and get rid of the bloatware yourself, one thing that improved speed for me right away before i began flashing anything was using a different launcher. You can download them in the market.
Touchwiz is just slow... ADW and Launcherpro are popular, i prefer ADW.
GoLauncher i hear is pretty good and i used Zeam a few months back and that was really lightweight, not too many options tho.
If you havent done it already, try a different launcher, you'll notice a difference right away.
BTW, quadrant of 1000 is average i think, if you're running nonvoodoo.
I was getting consistent 960-970s pre-voodoo.
But yea, don't get hung up on the quadrant scores. My quadrant now is >1500but my phone isnt running 50% faster...
or is it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC