Thinking of returning my Fascinate

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
he says that so you can make money, he he. These guys will take good care of you and putting more competent software on your device. I too are not paying for LTE either.....as it isn't to large yet.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Would love to get the Thunderbolt!! But I dont think Id like the 4g payments! Also I have to make a decision on Fri on what phone id like. I told them I need to do some research before I make an impulse buy over the phone!

Droid X why would I get the T-Bolt then get another Fascinate? Also when do you think this phone will come out?

What phone would any of you recommend over the Fascinate? If any at all and why please, or is the Fascinate the best phone out in your opinion NOW?

This questions is so subjective and asking it in either forum will be biased...i would get a TBolt or any other phone for free and then turn around and sell it for 3 or 4 hundred, then i could buy a cheap fascinate for 200 and be left with another 200 to buy another phone to play with lol see where im going with this, im like a phone junkie,

Ive owned the DX and i was using both the fascinate and DX at the same time, fascinate was more pleasant and smoother over all. but DX has a little bit better sound production and noise supression but that really is not noticible to me

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
The Fascinate, in its current state, is the best android phone on Verizon *IF* you hack it.

Otherwise, look at the Droid X or Incredible. Or honestly in your shoes the iPhone would be great. It's fast and smooth out of the box. The Thunderbolt isn't out yet, they keep promising it...

If something looks complicated, don't do it because people on the internet tell you it's easy. Only frustration down that road. I would not do anything to your Fascinate unless you're comfortable.

For you: iPhone IMO

lilhussler79

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Im not 14 and will NOT get an Iphone!!!!! I want a phone that I control not one THEY control!!!!

I am a lil computer savy just havent built up the balls yet!!! LOL!!!!!

If I were to put a new OS on my phone what do you all recommend? And do you think this would make me much more happier with the Fascinate?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Im not 14 and will NOT get an Iphone!!!!! I want a phone that I control not one THEY control!!!!

If I were to put a new OS on my phone what do you all recommend? And do you think this would make me much more happier with the Fascinate?

this all depends , what about the phone makes you unhappy in the first place?

420fan

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I was very hesitant to root my phone originally, but took the plunge. I couldn't be happier! I am running A super clean rom (took all the bloatware crap verizon puts on the phone) and its lightning fast, very little lag if any, and I have a really cool custom theme, that makes all my friends jealous! I'm Pissed at verizon and samsung, but I have to say after reading this forum and the over at XDA, I love my phone. The devs here have been nothing but helpful, and droidXcon's instructions on how to root and install the froyo rom, were very painless! I was in the same boat, debating between the droid x and the fascinate, but since GPS has been fixed and i have rooted, and flashed a custom rom, I'm happy as a fat kid with cake!

lilhussler79

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
See thats why I get so confused this rooting, ROM, Flash, Kernal stuff!! Some1 PLEASE EXPLAIN! As i said before I did read and I think all that did is confuse the hell out of me:(

Or am I just reading into to much and should just take the plunge?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
See thats why I get so confused this rooting, ROM, Flash, Kernal stuff!! Some1 PLEASE EXPLAIN! As i said before I did read and I think all that did is confuse the hell out of me:(

Reading to much into it, now that i make odin packages for this stuff it will be easy for you to flash from rom to rom , back and forth with a download and a click..... since you are new to this stuff maybe you should go with the stock rooted package then i will work with you understanding the rest. then you can mix and match at will once you get your footing...... is there anything you value on your phone now besides your contacts?

420fan

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ged-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-2-27-a.html

Follow this Thread verbatim, and you will not be disappointed. This is where I started and have flashed my phone at least 15 times now, with new roms (SC2.6 is what I am running now) and cool themes. If your uncomfortable with any steps, search the forum, because more than likely, someone else had the same question, or post it in a forum here. They are VERY helpful here.

Reactions: DroidXcon

lilhussler79

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have one paid app thats it for now!!! And where do I get this stock root at? And what are the differences between stock root and sat super clean? And what is a kernal? LOL!!! Sorry new to this android scene! Like I said I have put new OS on my BB but they were easy!

Wish I could do this now but im at work!!!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have one paid app thats it for now!!! And where do I get this stock root at? And what are the differences between stock root and sat super clean? And what is a kernal? LOL!!! Sorry new to this android scene! Like I said I have put new OS on my BB but they were easy!

Wish I could do this now but im at work!!!

the thread that 420fan just posted has the stock root package(thanks for the nice words 420)

a kernel is like a software version of a cpu, it allows the software and hardware to communicate, , features can be changed by someone who has the knowledge and the factory coding of the kernel, examples of changes are things like making it run at different voltages and speeds.

stock has all verizon and samsung software

super clean has stripped out all verizon software and most of samsung software and has added custom features as lock screens and launcher or you can call it the user interface.

Paid apps can always be retrieved by simply logging into the market and redownloading , youdont have to repurchase

Reactions: lilhussler79

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

I see you've drunk the Koolaid, we have a couple of evangelists here you'll get along with :) I hope you're enjoying the "control" you've had over the Samsung/Verizon/Bing (android) OS.

Listen to DroidXcon, he will guide you if you want to hack your Fascinate. Most likely you won't have any major problems. Good luck :)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I see you've drunk the Koolaid, we have a couple of evangelists here you'll get along with :) I hope you're enjoying the "control" you've had over the Samsung/Verizon/Bing (android) OS.

Listen to DroidXcon, he will guide you if you want to hack your Fascinate. Most likely you won't have any major problems. Good luck :)

lol you know whats funny there is levels of koolaid ive found, those that wont root, those that wont rom, those that wont voodoo... for instance i think the sae of people who use voodoo haha

420fan

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
the thread that 420fan just posted has the stock root package(thanks for the nice words 420)

NP, it was your thread, that made me take the plunge. I was reading threads here, XDA and droid forums, and yours was the easiest for me to follow. I really appreciate all the work you guys here and at XDA have done.

On a side note, as I get more comfortable with flashing and the like. Where is a good place to learn the basics of roms, kernals and radios? I still get a little confused as to what rom goes with which kernal, radio and the such. I just read a lot of the forums to see where others have succeeded and failed, but I would like to dig a little deeper.

Thanks again for the efforts!

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
DroidXcon is a fascinate freak, some are I phone freaks, personally for me the DX stomps em both, now I am a DX apex freak. That isn't the point. If a hacked sammy elucidated its original dullness, do it. I regretfully say the I phone hardware wise is the highest quality engendered phone out. It is like a rolex. Unfortunately for me, the OS lacks what I need. Bottom line, we all have our favs, get yours;)

Reactions: lilhussler79

lilhussler79

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Droid X I know there are videos on youtube to walk you through but they are old! At least the ones I found. Do you have any new ones that walk me through your steps?

Also, what is the diifferences in the stock froyo and the 2._?
I know I would like to clean my phone up as much as possible!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
No not yet I'm just so busy I have not had time to make videos..ill answer the r rest when I get to work
Droid X I know there are videos on youtube to walk you through but they are old! At least the ones I found. Do you have any new ones that walk me through your steps?

Also, what is the diifferences in the stock froyo and the 2._?
I know I would like to clean my phone up as much as possible!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk