Volume rocker error.

bababooey

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Have a fascinate that is rooted, but not running any custom ROM or kernel. Running the latest fascinate build EA28. I am having a problem with my volume rocker not working and not being able to enter my ringtone options. It all started when I installed ATK and quit the tasks that were checked from the get-go. I was just seeing how it worked and if it ended the tasks. Ever since then I am not able to enter the option to change a ringtone and my volume rocker does not work for ringtones. However, the rocker still works for media/in call; and my notifications tone still works. When I click on the volume rocker it takes about 30 secs, but it soft resets my phone (doesn't go through the whole boot animation) and when I click on the "phone ringtone" option it gives me an error: process com.android.settings has stopped unexpectedly, please try again.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Have a fascinate that is rooted, but not running any custom ROM or kernel. Running the latest fascinate build EA28. I am having a problem with my volume rocker not working and not being able to enter my ringtone options. It all started when I installed ATK and quit the tasks that were checked from the get-go. I was just seeing how it worked and if it ended the tasks. Ever since then I am not able to enter the option to change a ringtone and my volume rocker does not work for ringtones. However, the rocker still works for media/in call; and my notifications tone still works. When I click on the volume rocker it takes about 30 secs, but it soft resets my phone (doesn't go through the whole boot animation) and when I click on the "phone ringtone" option it gives me an error: process com.android.settings has stopped unexpectedly, please try again.

why dont you use one of my odin packages, fix your problem and get froyo or get a superclean rom

bababooey

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have been contemplating flashing a ROM/kernel onto it. I guess I am just a bit overwhelmed with the whole process? IDK. I rooted, flashing a ROM should be the next step. That would fix my problem though?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

bababooey

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, it seems pretty straight forward. I'll give this a shot. Yes, I am backed up using Titanium backup. I remember reading that the bloated froyo leak that came out a couple weeks ago wasn't going to be supported. Is this the same version? Also, can I run beautiful widgets/launcher pro over the top?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, it seems pretty straight forward. I'll give this a shot. Yes, I am backed up using Titanium backup. I remember reading that the bloated froyo leak that came out a couple weeks ago wasn't going to be supported. Is this the same version? Also, can I run beautiful widgets/launcher pro over the top?

what do you mean by "wasnt going to be supported?"

bababooey

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I read in one of the threads when the froyo code was released and a bloated, basically full version of froyo was released that it wasn't going to be supported and that different versions would be made. I can't remember exactly how the thread went, but I remember I saw it.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I read in one of the threads when the froyo code was released and a bloated, basically full version of froyo was released that it wasn't going to be supported and that different versions would be made. I can't remember exactly how the thread went, but I remember I saw it.

im sure this isnt the final version, but pretty damn close, and you can always just flash back to stock....and as far as launcher pro and beautiful widgets. they should not have a problem , although i have not tried them out, if you want i can try them out .

bababooey

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you could, that would be awesome. If it's not too much trouble, that is. Although, I take your word for it, they should work with no problems.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
If you could, that would be awesome. If it's not too much trouble, that is. Although, I take your word for it, they should work with no problems.

yeah just give me a couple mins as i was working testing rooting without a computer and i had to be full stock, ill flash over to superclean now

bababooey

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Haha, no problem. I'm getting tired as well. But, now I'm really to excited to flash to sleep. LOL
Also, should I run the superclean 2.6? Sorry for all the questions? But, thank you for answering them.

Last edited:

bababooey

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I found the file in winrar, but I don't have the option to extract here. Only extract options I have are "extract to specified folder" and "extract without confirmation"

bababooey

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Never mind. I'm either a complete noob, or just really tired. LOL I was trying to do it through winrar, which I guess is the same thing. But I want to follow rules to a T.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance