Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    bababooey's Avatar

    Posts
    26 Posts
    ROM
    SC 2.8 EB01/EB16

    Default Volume rocker error.

    Have a fascinate that is rooted, but not running any custom ROM or kernel. Running the latest fascinate build EA28. I am having a problem with my volume rocker not working and not being able to enter my ringtone options. It all started when I installed ATK and quit the tasks that were checked from the get-go. I was just seeing how it worked and if it ended the tasks. Ever since then I am not able to enter the option to change a ringtone and my volume rocker does not work for ringtones. However, the rocker still works for media/in call; and my notifications tone still works. When I click on the volume rocker it takes about 30 secs, but it soft resets my phone (doesn't go through the whole boot animation) and when I click on the "phone ringtone" option it gives me an error: process com.android.settings has stopped unexpectedly, please try again.
  2. #2  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    Have a fascinate that is rooted, but not running any custom ROM or kernel. Running the latest fascinate build EA28. I am having a problem with my volume rocker not working and not being able to enter my ringtone options. It all started when I installed ATK and quit the tasks that were checked from the get-go. I was just seeing how it worked and if it ended the tasks. Ever since then I am not able to enter the option to change a ringtone and my volume rocker does not work for ringtones. However, the rocker still works for media/in call; and my notifications tone still works. When I click on the volume rocker it takes about 30 secs, but it soft resets my phone (doesn't go through the whole boot animation) and when I click on the "phone ringtone" option it gives me an error: process com.android.settings has stopped unexpectedly, please try again.
    why dont you use one of my odin packages, fix your problem and get froyo or get a superclean rom
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    bababooey's Avatar

    Posts
    26 Posts
    ROM
    SC 2.8 EB01/EB16

    Default

    I have been contemplating flashing a ROM/kernel onto it. I guess I am just a bit overwhelmed with the whole process? IDK. I rooted, flashing a ROM should be the next step. That would fix my problem though?
  4. #4  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    I have been contemplating flashing a ROM/kernel onto it. I guess I am just a bit overwhelmed with the whole process? IDK. I rooted, flashing a ROM should be the next step. That would fix my problem though?
    Most likely if it seems to be a software problem,,,, are you backed up

    take a looks at my thread on Odin packaged froyo roms,,post 3 lays out the process with visual aids
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...ed-2-27-a.html
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    bababooey's Avatar

    Posts
    26 Posts
    ROM
    SC 2.8 EB01/EB16

    Default

    Hmm, it seems pretty straight forward. I'll give this a shot. Yes, I am backed up using Titanium backup. I remember reading that the bloated froyo leak that came out a couple weeks ago wasn't going to be supported. Is this the same version? Also, can I run beautiful widgets/launcher pro over the top?
  6. #6  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    Hmm, it seems pretty straight forward. I'll give this a shot. Yes, I am backed up using Titanium backup. I remember reading that the bloated froyo leak that came out a couple weeks ago wasn't going to be supported. Is this the same version? Also, can I run beautiful widgets/launcher pro over the top?
    what do you mean by "wasnt going to be supported?"
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    bababooey's Avatar

    Posts
    26 Posts
    ROM
    SC 2.8 EB01/EB16

    Default

    I read in one of the threads when the froyo code was released and a bloated, basically full version of froyo was released that it wasn't going to be supported and that different versions would be made. I can't remember exactly how the thread went, but I remember I saw it.
  8. #8  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    I read in one of the threads when the froyo code was released and a bloated, basically full version of froyo was released that it wasn't going to be supported and that different versions would be made. I can't remember exactly how the thread went, but I remember I saw it.
    im sure this isnt the final version, but pretty damn close, and you can always just flash back to stock....and as far as launcher pro and beautiful widgets. they should not have a problem , although i have not tried them out, if you want i can try them out .
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    bababooey's Avatar

    Posts
    26 Posts
    ROM
    SC 2.8 EB01/EB16

    Default

    If you could, that would be awesome. If it's not too much trouble, that is. Although, I take your word for it, they should work with no problems.
  10. #10  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    If you could, that would be awesome. If it's not too much trouble, that is. Although, I take your word for it, they should work with no problems.
    yeah just give me a couple mins as i was working testing rooting without a computer and i had to be full stock, ill flash over to superclean now
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    bababooey's Avatar

    Posts
    26 Posts
    ROM
    SC 2.8 EB01/EB16

    Default

    So, these ROMS are rooted already? If so, I just have to reinstall titanium and restore my apps/system data?
  12. #12  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    So, these ROMS are rooted already? If so, I just have to reinstall titanium and restore my apps/system data?
    sorry i fell a sleep for a couple mins there,,yes they are already rooted
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    bababooey's Avatar

    Posts
    26 Posts
    ROM
    SC 2.8 EB01/EB16

    Default

    Haha, no problem. I'm getting tired as well. But, now I'm really to excited to flash to sleep. LOL
    Also, should I run the superclean 2.6? Sorry for all the questions? But, thank you for answering them.
    Last edited by bababooey; 03-03-2011 at 05:21 AM. Reason: added question
  14. #14  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    Haha, no problem. I'm getting tired as well. But, now I'm really to excited to flash to sleep. LOL
    ok i tried both and they are working fine, launcher pro and beautiful widgets
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    bababooey's Avatar

    Posts
    26 Posts
    ROM
    SC 2.8 EB01/EB16

    Default

    Thanks a bunch
  16. #16  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    Haha, no problem. I'm getting tired as well. But, now I'm really to excited to flash to sleep. LOL
    Also, should I run the superclean 2.6? Sorry for all the questions? But, thank you for answering them.
    yeah superclean 2.6 is very good
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    bababooey's Avatar

    Posts
    26 Posts
    ROM
    SC 2.8 EB01/EB16

    Default

    I found the file in winrar, but I don't have the option to extract here. Only extract options I have are "extract to specified folder" and "extract without confirmation"
  18. #18  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    I found the file in winrar, but I don't have the option to extract here. Only extract options I have are "extract to specified folder" and "extract without confirmation"
    did you download winrar and follow post number 2 of that thread?
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  
    bababooey's Avatar

    Posts
    26 Posts
    ROM
    SC 2.8 EB01/EB16

    Default

    Never mind. I'm either a complete noob, or just really tired. LOL I was trying to do it through winrar, which I guess is the same thing. But I want to follow rules to a T.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    bababooey's Avatar

    Posts
    26 Posts
    ROM
    SC 2.8 EB01/EB16

    Default

    How long should it take for the id:com box to show a number. My phone screen shows the triangle but nothing showed up in odin.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  
    bababooey's Avatar

    Posts
    26 Posts
    ROM
    SC 2.8 EB01/EB16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    why dont you use one of my odin packages, fix your problem and get froyo or get a superclean rom
    I actually got it fixed without flashing, since for some reason I can't start the process in odin. I'll figure it out later, I guess. I just restored all of my apps/data through titanium and it seemed to fix my problem. Needless to say, I wont be installing ATK anytime soon. Thanks for all of your help, though, DXC

Posting Permissions

B