Way to remove wallpaper?

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way you can remove your wallpaper? I am talking about setting your wallpaper to "none" not removing the actual file or changing it.

Is there a way to set your background to nothing?

Thanks

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I just wished it wouldnt zoom in on pic's that im using like i will find a kick butt one and try to make it work and it zooms in and makes it look just bad. Anyone know how to keep the pic the same size and not zoom in?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I would guess that you could edit a picture to the actual dimensions to prevent zooming. Being a noob, I dont know what,those dimensions are or if it would work, but it is a suggestion

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Yea, if you use an image editing program to scale your image to exactly 960 (wide) by 800 (tall), it'll display with no scaling. When you pick it in the wallpaper picker, it'll still have the little box cropped in a bit, but just click and drag a corner of that crop box and you can pull it out to the full size of your image and no scaling will happen.

cosmo36

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
If you search the Internet, there's a completely black iphone wallpaper you can download (I think it's a jpeg file?). I'm hoping that uses less system resources.

Reactions: tarverator

tarverator

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Faster and easier:

Open the camera application.
Turn off the flash.
Press an opaque piece of soft cloth over the camera lens.
Take a picture of blackness.
Tap the picture in the bottom right corner to view the photo you just took.
Tap "More" (also in the bottom right corner).
Select "Set as" and choose "Wallpaper".

Jet black wallpaper not only looks really classy, but I gather that it also saves power. But this is a hack. There should be a "None" or "No Wallpaper" option.

Last edited:

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
@tysdad08

open the image that you want to set as wallpaper from the gallery app and choose set as - then you get to control the zoom size.

If it is a picture from the web - long press on it in your browser and then save image - open gallery and look in download folder

open image you want
hit menu
hit more
set as
wallpaper
grab the edge of the orange box and slide in or out

It will force the right aspect ratio so you might lose an edge, but I zoom way out on all my images and get 90% of what I want in my wallpaper

hope this helps

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
@tysdad08

open the image that you want to set as wallpaper from the gallery app and choose set as - then you get to control the zoom size.

If it is a picture from the web - long press on it in your browser and then save image - open gallery and look in download folder

open image you want
hit menu
hit more
set as
wallpaper
grab the edge of the orange box and slide in or out

It will force the right aspect ratio so you might lose an edge, but I zoom way out on all my images and get 90% of what I want in my wallpaper

hope this helps

What he said