1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    ROM
    CR v2.0/PBJ -50 VD

Default Angry Birds improves/increases memory?

Ok, I did a search and didn't find anything relating to this topic. Sorry if I overlooked it.

Ok, so I use ATK and when I use the desktop widget it tells me how many apps it killed along with how much free memory I have. I usually have anywhere from 85-95mb available. But whenever I'm done playing Angry Birds it significantly increases to about 120-130mb. Any other app/game I use it never increases the memory, it just decreases it a tad. I thought, if anything, that playing a game would decrease it. Does anyone else experience this?

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by streebs87 View Post
    Ok, I did a search and didn't find anything relating to this topic. Sorry if I overlooked it.

Ok, so I use ATK and when I use the desktop widget it tells me how many apps it killed along with how much free memory I have. I usually have anywhere from 85-95mb available. But whenever I'm done playing Angry Birds it significantly increases to about 120-130mb. Any other app/game I use it never increases the memory, it just decreases it a tad. I thought, if anything, that playing a game would decrease it. Does anyone else experience this?
    Not sure about the memory thing, but definitely get rid of the task killer. It is more of a drain on your battery than any of the apps or programs it is supposed to stop.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts

It's the android system killing background apps to make room for Angry Birds.

Global Posts
    961 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10/Devil

Quote Originally Posted by NOsquid View Post
    It's the android system killing background apps to make room for Angry Birds.
    Right. Android's OS kills apps automatically to free RAM on demand. Since Angry Birds is a fairly demanding app, more background tasks are killed by the system automatically to run it. Using a task killer is redundant, since the OS already does this when it's needed. Every time you use a task killer when it's unnecessary to end apps that are needed, the system actually does more work/uses more battery to restart those apps. It's a tough mentality to get out of, that more RAM is better, but in the world of Android, it's irrelevant.

every time you use a task killer, God kills a kitten.

what that guy said ^^^

Global Posts
    961 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10/Devil

Quote Originally Posted by PJnc284 View Post
    Concurred.

ROM
    Comm Rom 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by PJnc284 View Post
    Moto Razr -> LG Glimmer -> Samsung Fascinate!

If you aren't Voodoo you are doo doo!