Controlling Audio on Video Recorder?

smhekma

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
So I am wondering about controlling the mic level when using the camcorder function. I have looked all over the forums and haven't found much and from what I can tell from playing with the phone and looking at any audio recording apps that there really isn't anything out there that allows you to adjust the mic sensitivity for actual audio recording. Now I would assume that the video recorder uses the same mic that is used for phone calls which you can adjust so it makes me wonder if either through some type of app or patch that it would be possible for something to be developed that would allow this type of adjustment. I really enjoy being able to bust out my phone during a concert to get some pretty high quality video but it is a bummer that I can't turn the mic down way low to actually pick up the audio at least decently well.

If none of this is possible would you be able to use some type of external mic either through bluetooth or through a wired option? Not sure if the same ones you would use for hands free phone calls would actually work when using the video recorder.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So I am wondering about controlling the mic level when using the camcorder function. I have looked all over the forums and haven't found much and from what I can tell from playing with the phone and looking at any audio recording apps that there really isn't anything out there that allows you to adjust the mic sensitivity for actual audio recording. Now I would assume that the video recorder uses the same mic that is used for phone calls which you can adjust so it makes me wonder if either through some type of app or patch that it would be possible for something to be developed that would allow this type of adjustment. I really enjoy being able to bust out my phone during a concert to get some pretty high quality video but it is a bummer that I can't turn the mic down way low to actually pick up the audio at least decently well.

If none of this is possible would you be able to use some type of external mic either through bluetooth or through a wired option? Not sure if the same ones you would use for hands free phone calls would actually work when using the video recorder.

What about useing the bluetooth ..it has volumn control on it.. down or up... and i know what your going through. I once had that same problem trying to record sound tracks for my own personal ringtones bypassing the ones offered for sale.. it took a while but i soon learned to record about mid stream in volumn and then i had up or down options.. just a thought and i am sure you already figured that out..

smhekma

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I have thought about using an external device as I know a lot of those do have the volume control that I am looking for. I just hate to have something else on me when going into a bar or concert venue. I know this would be very low on any developers priority list but just throwing it out there as I didn't know if this is something that could be tweaked from within the OS.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's probably not something that has been looked into because of how few people would use it. Usually, video is recorded at max volume and you just adjust your listening volume during playback. You can actually damage speakers by trying to amplify audio from a low volume source. For example, a TV STB(cable/sat box) or DVD player with it's own volume control set low, and the TV's speakers set high will cause a lot of static/hissing/pops which put extra load on the speaker's amplifier.

smhekma

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I hear you there only thing is with concert audio the volume is so loud that typically you can turn the mic setting way down and because the audio is so loud you don't actually have to turn your end source up any. I agree that it probably wouldn't be a commonly used feature however considering the pretty good quality of video it takes it is a shame that the audio isn't adjustable just from a volume standpoint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze