having problems connecting my phone to my pc

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
DroidXcon- Thanks for the driver link. I tried it and the same outcome as before. Frustrated, i tried connecting on another machine XP Pro SP3 32 bit with the same problem and yet another machine Windows 7 Prof. 32 bit..same problem. Im at the point now it has something to do with the phone.

rjack22- I have thought about rooting and putting on the Froyo 2.2...something to think about. I just wanted to put some more music on my phone.
Will let you know if i decide to go Froyo.

did you try the debugging reboot while its plugged in?

cwd500

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I say it is broken!

Final Thought!

Sorry could not resist ;)

Me too!

i went to verizon today, the told me to call tech support. i just called them, they had me restart the phone and the computer, try it with debugging on and off and then do a factory reset. after that didn't work the guy gave me samsung's number and told me to call them when they are open tommorw. so here i am with a out of the box fascinate and it still wont connect.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
ok i loaded the pit and the tar. Still having the same problem even in debugging mode as well.

Sorry man i dont know what to tell you , except try to reinstall drivers, put the phone in debugging mode,, plug the phone in , wait a minute or two,,, reboot the phone while connected, unlock the screen when it comes back on , unplug and plug the phone back in and wait a couple of mins, if it doesnt work after that then id chalk it up to USB failure

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
DroidXcon- I really appreciate all your help on this issue. Im just as stumped as you. Im really considering something wrong with the phone at this point.
I guess if i need to put something on the sd card i will use an adapter and plug it directly into the computer. The usb cord and port on the computer and phone must be working if i can flash it...right? Just my guess.
Anyways thanks everyone. I love this forum!

Reactions: DroidXcon

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
DroidXcon- I really appreciate all your help on this issue. Im just as stumped as you. Im really considering something wrong with the phone at this point.
I guess if i need to put something on the sd card i will use an adapter and plug it directly into the computer. The usb cord and port on the computer and phone must be working if i can flash it...right? Just my guess.
Anyways thanks everyone. I love this forum!

you are very welcome,, it must have something to do with the drivers, because like you said it is connecting as a generic samsung composite devices,,,maybe if we play with different drivers it may connect, if you want to keep trying things let me know and we will continue to try

Reactions: briguyy

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Quick update:
I got frustrated once again with this issue so i once again unistalled and reinstalled drivers on my Win7 64 bit machine and when i plugged in my Fascinate i got a prompt on the phone screen asking me if i want to connect via USB wooo hoo! I prompted yes and alas a dialog box came up on my pc that drive g: was now available to view files. And yes i can see my SD card now!
Why it didnt work the other gazillion times i tried...ask Samsung or Bill Gates. But im happy now.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Quick update:
I got frustrated once again with this issue so i once again unistalled and reinstalled drivers on my Win7 64 bit machine and when i plugged in my Fascinate i got a prompt on the phone screen asking me if i want to connect via USB wooo hoo! I prompted yes and alas a dialog box came up on my pc that drive g: was now available to view files. And yes i can see my SD card now!
Why it didnt work the other gazillion times i tried...ask Samsung or Bill Gates. But im happy now.

Oh thats great news, im happy you got this resolved :D

tv-geek

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
May I chime in? I'm having issues connecting my phone to my computer as well, the only difference is that I'm running a Mac. I have access to a PC though. I've rooted my phone using my mac, and I was going to install the clockwork mod, and the first part of the procedure worked like a charm. Then the second part came, and the phone never rebooted itself like it was supposed to. Ever since then, I've been unable to get various computers to read my phone. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers on my PC and still no luck; I've tried removing the battery and holding down the volume button, and that won't do the trick either. I've tried just about every trick in this thread and can't get a darn thing to work. Any advice? Oh, and my phone doesn't vibrate at all anymore (I don't use ringtones. Complete waste of time to me. Besides, Vibrate doesn't disrupt an entire room). I was going to try undoing my root, but I'm a self-proclaimed n00b and have no idea how to do that. And the only reason I'm rooting to begin with is because of samsung and verizon's deplorable communication to the community about the Froyo update. I shouldn't have to hack my phone in order to get a newer (not even the latest, since Gingerbread, and soon to be Ice Cream) firmware. So, any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
May I chime in? I'm having issues connecting my phone to my computer as well, the only difference is that I'm running a Mac. I have access to a PC though. I've rooted my phone using my mac, and I was going to install the clockwork mod, and the first part of the procedure worked like a charm. Then the second part came, and the phone never rebooted itself like it was supposed to. Ever since then, I've been unable to get various computers to read my phone. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers on my PC and still no luck; I've tried removing the battery and holding down the volume button, and that won't do the trick either. I've tried just about every trick in this thread and can't get a darn thing to work. Any advice? Oh, and my phone doesn't vibrate at all anymore (I don't use ringtones. Complete waste of time to me. Besides, Vibrate doesn't disrupt an entire room). I was going to try undoing my root, but I'm a self-proclaimed n00b and have no idea how to do that. And the only reason I'm rooting to begin with is because of samsung and verizon's deplorable communication to the community about the Froyo update. I shouldn't have to hack my phone in order to get a newer (not even the latest, since Gingerbread, and soon to be Ice Cream) firmware. So, any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Hey tv sorry you are having trouble, so im assuming you cant get into clockwork since the second part never finished? other than that i cant help you since i dont have a PC ill talk to braydon perhaps he can assist you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34