Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: New to the Fascinate Forum? Say Hello!

Hola,

Joined in order to make the long trek of de-crapifying my phone to get it as close to vanilla as possible.

I've gotten a lot of help from these forums in the past. Thank you to everyone.

Hello,
    I'm new to posting on the forum, but have been lurking in the shadows for a while. I'm rooted and am currently running the community ROM 2.1 and I'm using the updated GO Launcher (which I really like).

Jenn
    ExpertZero likes this.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Hi, Love to tinker with the POS we are given. Moved from BB Storm 1, quite happy.

I am a Utter newbie! This is my first Smart phone and I love it so far! I am an Old Fart (60) , but pretty tech savy, just not on cell phones, but I am going to learn. I have a bunch of questions and will post them soon.
    Look like there is a lot of knowledge here and I need some of that!
    GaryMc

Ok checking back in, I finally flashed cwm & ED01DB_DOx_SHARK.tar. Phone is rooted & ROM is running fine but does anyone know how to get rid of this preloaded Verizon software? Its eating up valuable space and I don't want it

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by datboidame View Post
    Ok checking back in, I finally flashed cwm & ED01DB_DOx_SHARK.tar. Phone is rooted & ROM is running fine but does anyone know how to get rid of this preloaded Verizon software? Its eating up valuable space and I don't want it
    Two choices - 1) flash another custom ROM such as Comm ROM which has all that removed or, 2) download root explorer from the market and use that to get rid of the preloaded verizon stuff.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    Two choices - 1) flash another custom ROM such as Comm ROM which has all that removed or, 2) download root explorer from the market and use that to get rid of the preloaded verizon stuff.
    Ok cool, thanks again!! I found this app called Bloat Freezer that seems to stop those programs I hate from running but I would rather have them gone so I'm going to give that Comm ROM you suggested a try!

Talking Re: New to the Fascinate Forum? Say Hello!

Hey.

Thanks to Best Buy, I've finally walked away from my beloved Palm Pre Plus. I picked the Fascinate in part because of your community - you guys seem really happy about the phone and it reminds me of the community around my old Omnia. I look forward to seeing what i can do with this phone!

Hello everyone! I just upgraded from a much beloved Droid Eris and am looking forward to the new hotness (to me anyway) of the Fascinate...

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

I've had my Fascinate from Verizon since late may, I went to Verizon yesterday,& I don't see any! Did they stop selling them? I was there for 1hr,with Tech.Support & the Verizon salesman, putting my phone back to the factory settings! It just stopped working for me!

Hi all

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

hey folks. I've been using forum communication for about 16 years so, not to sound aloof, I just skip the intro. but the forum here serves a completely different purpose. also I've been reading a lot of threads to prepare for rooting my vzw. fascinate. that went really not good tonight as a side mention. the community here has impressed.l me immensely. this is honestly the first rime I've ever posted. on a site and don't expect 20 snarling commentator. I look foreward to getting to know everyone, and hopefully ill pick up on the more ..err droidhead jargon. id like to be able to pop on, see a post randomly and go "wait I read a thread about that" and be an asset to the developer community just call me James or jay, whichever one works. quick question. I ran something4root. an OTA root/S/U BB bundle. but I have froyo ED0...5? Version. 2.2.2 apparently the fascinate has dummy S/U files that trigger the phone to block the root exploit by cutting off the admob site. so I have a fascinate with BB, no root access and no gold superuser icon! I can take the lack of access but I want a gold star! !!....ahem nice to meet everyone..eheh
    Thanked by:

Thumbs up Re: New to the Fascinate Forum? Say Hello!

Hello my people

ROM

hello,
    i'm new here(2 days). posted a hello (probaby in the wrong place =\). i have a ver fascinate, 2.3.5 firmware, 2.6.35.7 kernel, and eh03 build. trying to make sense of the flash process ( latin to me), seem to be having problems. downloaded odin3 (works), succeeded in flashing cwm 4, but when i try to load the flash of cyanogen mod 7, i get the errors assert fail, "something" 7. when i turn of the asserts still says the same thing. am i trying to flash an incompatible rom? i cant seem to find the same problem from others. like i said i'm soooo new to this. would appreciate any help. thanks in advance

Hello everyonebody! My desire to learn to root has brought me here. Even after much reading I'll probably still have many noobie questions. That's about all.

this maybe out of order, however, I'm desperate. Verizon updated my fascinate today and it is now frozen in Android system recovery. I cannot use the up and down buttons or the home button or the power buttons. I was trying to to reset it to factory when I got stuck in this position.

hey im richie im a noob still feel new but can flash custom roms and mods and al. workin with a samsung fascinate wit codename ics rom its all right but liked the AOKP roms beetter. Anyways started lokin into rooting and stuff about two months ago and now i cant get enough.http://cdn-forums.androidcentral.com...lies/smile.png

Hello all I just joined the forum. Seems now I'm 'stuck' with the fascinate. My upgarde date was past the Verizon deadline to keep unlimited data. I also note that Verizon and/or Samsung will not update the phones any more. I'm trying to figure out how do so. So, I'm reading posts trying to gain the knowledge to root and upgrade my phone.

thanks all
    Mike

well, i'm new to this forum but i firmly believe the internet and all the great ppl that are on there are a awesome place to find information. i hope to get some great info here. my girlfriend has a samsung galaxy S i500 that we need to flash to metro pcs but its been a journey to find out just what to do and "yes" i am a noob, so hopefully ppl will be kind i just wanted to say "hello" to all and wish everyone a great day and a great life. feeling a little sad because of the tragedy that happened in the eastern usa but i want to find some positives today and here's where i start.

Hi
    new to the forum - hoping to find some answers for this technically challenged senior :-)

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

New to this forum. Recently acquired a fascinate that has been factory reset and has 2.3.5 . I've rooted a few other old cells and use them for toys more or less. Easier to fit in a pocket while at work than a tablet. I see this forum doesn't seem very active lately. Hope not too late to track down tips ECT. Plan is to root this one and add it to the collection. However all the links I've found so far are dead. Also my usual one click root has failed me x3 on this device. Any helpful sugestions and guidance is appreciated. TYIA

ROM
    Swapping them all out

Try to find an old version of zRoot.apk it is what I used to root my fascinate.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app
    Kyocera Strobe> Motorola Razor> Motorola Q> Blackberry Curve> Droid X> Fascinate>iPhone 4>iPhone 4S>iPhone 5>Verizon LG G2 and LOVIN' it.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011