New to the Fascinate Forum? Say Hello!
08-07-2014 10:40 PM
- I am a Utter newbie! This is my first Smart phone and I love it so far! I am an Old Fart (60) , but pretty tech savy, just not on cell phones, but I am going to learn. I have a bunch of questions and will post them soon.
Look like there is a lot of knowledge here and I need some of that!
GaryMc07-18-2011 08:53 PM
- 07-20-2011 11:40 PM
- 07-21-2011 02:49 PM
Thanks to Best Buy, I've finally walked away from my beloved Palm Pre Plus. I picked the Fascinate in part because of your community - you guys seem really happy about the phone and it reminds me of the community around my old Omnia. I look forward to seeing what i can do with this phone!08-17-2011 02:11 PM
- I've had my Fascinate from Verizon since late may, I went to Verizon yesterday,& I don't see any! Did they stop selling them? I was there for 1hr,with Tech.Support & the Verizon salesman, putting my phone back to the factory settings! It just stopped working for me!09-10-2011 07:47 AM
- hey folks. I've been using forum communication for about 16 years so, not to sound aloof, I just skip the intro. but the forum here serves a completely different purpose. also I've been reading a lot of threads to prepare for rooting my vzw. fascinate. that went really not good tonight as a side mention. the community here has impressed.l me immensely. this is honestly the first rime I've ever posted. on a site and don't expect 20 snarling commentator. I look foreward to getting to know everyone, and hopefully ill pick up on the more ..err droidhead jargon. id like to be able to pop on, see a post randomly and go "wait I read a thread about that" and be an asset to the developer community just call me James or jay, whichever one works. quick question. I ran something4root. an OTA root/S/U BB bundle. but I have froyo ED0...5? Version. 2.2.2 apparently the fascinate has dummy S/U files that trigger the phone to block the root exploit by cutting off the admob site. so I have a fascinate with BB, no root access and no gold superuser icon! I can take the lack of access but I want a gold star! !!....ahem nice to meet everyone..eheh10-26-2011 02:49 AM
i'm new here(2 days). posted a hello (probaby in the wrong place =\). i have a ver fascinate, 2.3.5 firmware, 188.8.131.52 kernel, and eh03 build. trying to make sense of the flash process ( latin to me), seem to be having problems. downloaded odin3 (works), succeeded in flashing cwm 4, but when i try to load the flash of cyanogen mod 7, i get the errors assert fail, "something" 7. when i turn of the asserts still says the same thing. am i trying to flash an incompatible rom? i cant seem to find the same problem from others. like i said i'm soooo new to this. would appreciate any help. thanks in advance12-11-2011 04:57 PM
- this maybe out of order, however, I'm desperate. Verizon updated my fascinate today and it is now frozen in Android system recovery. I cannot use the up and down buttons or the home button or the power buttons. I was trying to to reset it to factory when I got stuck in this position.12-21-2011 01:21 PM
- hey im richie im a noob still feel new but can flash custom roms and mods and al. workin with a samsung fascinate wit codename ics rom its all right but liked the AOKP roms beetter. Anyways started lokin into rooting and stuff about two months ago and now i cant get enough.http://cdn-forums.androidcentral.com...lies/smile.png03-14-2012 11:28 PM
- Hello all I just joined the forum. Seems now I'm 'stuck' with the fascinate. My upgarde date was past the Verizon deadline to keep unlimited data. I also note that Verizon and/or Samsung will not update the phones any more. I'm trying to figure out how do so. So, I'm reading posts trying to gain the knowledge to root and upgrade my phone.
Mike07-01-2012 08:58 AM
- well, i'm new to this forum but i firmly believe the internet and all the great ppl that are on there are a awesome place to find information. i hope to get some great info here. my girlfriend has a samsung galaxy S i500 that we need to flash to metro pcs but its been a journey to find out just what to do and "yes" i am a noob, so hopefully ppl will be kind i just wanted to say "hello" to all and wish everyone a great day and a great life. feeling a little sad because of the tragedy that happened in the eastern usa but i want to find some positives today and here's where i start.12-15-2012 05:10 AM
- New to this forum. Recently acquired a fascinate that has been factory reset and has 2.3.5 . I've rooted a few other old cells and use them for toys more or less. Easier to fit in a pocket while at work than a tablet. I see this forum doesn't seem very active lately. Hope not too late to track down tips ECT. Plan is to root this one and add it to the collection. However all the links I've found so far are dead. Also my usual one click root has failed me x3 on this device. Any helpful sugestions and guidance is appreciated. TYIA08-07-2014 09:47 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- More Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S
- Verizon Fascinate
New to the Fascinate Forum? Say Hello!
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD