Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

How to do a perm root on my phone?

What rom/kernal to run to have phone they way it currently is(EB01DB_DXC.tar), but would like droid 2.2 os debloated with boot animation support, be stable and still be conservative on the battery?

Does rooting delete apps and other info? If not can't a backup be done just by browsing the phone's file structure and backing up stuff that way?

Thanks for the help. Not new to modding stuff. Just the way things are done now are way different then I am use to.

Again Thanks for the help

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel6698 View Post
    How to do a perm root on my phone?

What rom/kernal to run to have phone they way it currently is(EB01DB_DXC.tar), but would like droid 2.2 os debloated with boot animation support, be stable and still be conservative on the battery?

Does rooting delete apps and other info? If not can't a backup be done just by browsing the phone's file structure and backing up stuff that way?

Thanks for the help. Not new to modding stuff. Just the way things are done now are way different then I am use to.

Again Thanks for the help
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...ed-3-24-a.html

visit this thread i will answer your question in a min
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:

already been there as i am currently running the deox'd/debloated rom on my phone, though I don't believe my phone is at a perm root yet let alone a temp root
    Again Ty

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

already been there as i am currently running the deox'd/debloated rom on my phone, though I don't believe my phone is at a perm root yet let alone a temp root
    Again Ty
    i answered the question there, and you are rooted

So do any of the free file manager apps for the phone support a rooted phone?

Also I tried installing a bootanimation.zip file, now the shut down part of it works perfectly where as the startup still has the verizon animation, but has the sound of the bootanimation.zip that I installed.

What can I do to fix it?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

So do any of the free file manager apps for the phone support a rooted phone?

Also I tried installing a bootanimation.zip file, now the shut down part of it works perfectly where as the startup still has the verizon animation, but has the sound of the bootanimation.zip that I installed.

What can I do to fix it?
    you would have to flash a different kernel to support boot animation,
    try
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...0-kernels.html

i heard super manager works for free, i use root explorer

i would just go forward and flash superclean 2.9.2

any further questions please post in my thread , this one is meant for introductions
    Thanked by:

K Thanks for the help.

ROM
    stock

Ok hi again everyone as gunnermike did I have joined twitter so if anyone wants to follow me and I don't blame u if u don't but anyways look me up.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    2pn

hello all, just a nubi who need your help here..
    thx

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by 2pn View Post
    hello all, just a nubi who need your help here..
    thx
    Hi, what do you need help with

ROM
    Stock rooted

Quote Originally Posted by gunnermike53 View Post
    howdy folks!! i need some twits! i just joined twitter and i only have one follower. . nitsu17 is the only one.
    Okay, but I have to admit I don't really get the whole Twitter thing.

How'd you get yourself banned/unbanned from XDA? You'll have to explain that one.
    You know, I've never met anyone like you before. Usually when I meet someone new I feel awkward and shy. But with you it's different.

ROM
    Swapping them all out

Not new, just got back from a weeks vacation, whats been happening while I was gone? Anything important that I missed?
    Kyocera Strobe> Motorola Razor> Motorola Q> Blackberry Curve> Droid X> Fascinate>iPhone 4>iPhone 4S>iPhone 5>Verizon LG G2 and LOVIN' it.

ROM
    Swapping them all out

Just a game I'd like to let my fellow fascinate users know about, Wordfued in the market, theres a free and paid version of the game. Its like an online scrabble, and you have 72 hours to make a move or your forfeit, its kinda cool to take up the time, if anyone downloads it, add me as a friend in game. Running same handle here as there.

**Edit** Any questions about the game you can ask me aswell
    Kyocera Strobe> Motorola Razor> Motorola Q> Blackberry Curve> Droid X> Fascinate>iPhone 4>iPhone 4S>iPhone 5>Verizon LG G2 and LOVIN' it.

Smile Hey I'm new :)

Hello my name is kellie, I'm new to the samsung board, used to own a droid x, but traded my phone for this one because I like the look of the phone ,.
    This is the first time I have rooted and flashed a rom and I wanted to say everyone on this form is amazing I have a little programming experience, but with out all three help from this form I wouldn't of been able to make my phone that more awesomer

Thx

Hello everyone!!! After months of consideration, yesterday I took the plunge and chose the Fascinate. I work at a VZW Indirect retailer soI have seen lots of arguements for and against. I just feel that this phone is worth the investment. Going to be attempting Rooting and Froyo in the near future. May have some questions. One big one is once rooted and Froyo'd, does Flash work well? Seems the general consensus is 2.2 makes the phone run much better, but a few have reported issues. Beyond that, glad to meet you all, looking forward to talking to you all.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    ROM
    Super Clean 0.93

Talking Hello

Hello everybody i recently got the Samsung Fascinate phone and I just have say this is definitely one great phone and definitely worth the upgrade from my previous phone the Motorola Droid. I have flash it already to Froyo and just messing around with it. But its great to be part of the Samsung Fascinate Team =)..

Hope everybody have a great day!!!

ROM
    Swapping them all out

Do we have a bit of a small loyalist army?

Hello,

Proud owner of fascinate

Quote Originally Posted by Alienpup View Post
    Hello,

Proud owner of fascinate

Now that you've found us you'll only get happier :-)
    Anything you can do iCandobetter

If you're having kernel problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a glitch ain't one!

Don't be afraid to click the thanks button at the bottom of a post. It tells AC to put some skittles down the chute in our cage :-)

S.E. W810i (ret) S.E. W850i (ret) S.E. w902 (ret) S.E. satio (r.i.p. software support) , samsung fascinate (ret), droid 3 (backup), droid razr(returned), gnex mike's Π

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Hi.

Have had my phone since last August. Like it, though not sure I'm an Android fan long-term, since Google's means of syncing the phone with Outlook is complicated, incomplete and stupid.

But Swype is the greatest, and I'm now kind of hooked on several other applications. Plus I'm old, my eyes are bad, and this thing has the best screen ever, on any phone. And it seems to work well as an actual telephone, unlike certain competitors.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBuck2 View Post
    But Swype is the greatest.
    AMEN

ROM
    EH03 SuperClean3

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdog Elite View Post
    Now that you've found us you'll only get happier :-)
    Amen and amen!

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by jampot View Post
    Amen and amen!
    LOL jampot youre awesome

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    LOL jampot youre awesome
    Agreed. If there was a cheering section/pep squad jam pot would officially be in charge!

ROOT IT ROOT IT YOU CAN DO IT! GO TEAM! *acrobatics*
    Anything you can do iCandobetter

If you're having kernel problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a glitch ain't one!

Don't be afraid to click the thanks button at the bottom of a post. It tells AC to put some skittles down the chute in our cage :-)

S.E. W810i (ret) S.E. W850i (ret) S.E. w902 (ret) S.E. satio (r.i.p. software support) , samsung fascinate (ret), droid 3 (backup), droid razr(returned), gnex mike's Π

ROM
    EH03 SuperClean3

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    LOL jampot youre awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdog Elite View Post
    Agreed. If there was a cheering section/pep squad jam pot would officially be in charge!

ROOT IT ROOT IT YOU CAN DO IT! GO TEAM! *acrobatics*
    haha!! Thanks guys. Made my night. If anything, I'm peppy. And probably the most optomistic person I know
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast