New to the Fascinate Forum? Say Hello!

Bittrblue

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Wow I joined yesterday and I'm back here with an issue already! Good thing I'm loyal. Carried an I-760 for three years before this. Now to search and see if there is an answer here...

Bittrblue

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
hmmmm, ok everyone. I searched, and the problems I found pertaining to alarm clocks do not seem to be the same one I am having. Going to star a thread, please be nice.

amylouisa

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Love the forums! Learning a lot from so many posts. Couple questions tho:

1. what exactly does removing the battery do? I see a lot of posts with problems people are having and a suggestion is to remove the battery.

2. when/why would I do the *228 option 2 (samsung fascinate on VZN)? I see that also suggested quite often.

thanks for all the great info.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Love the forums! Learning a lot from so many posts. Couple questions tho:

1. what exactly does removing the battery do? I see a lot of posts with problems people are having and a suggestion is to remove the battery.

2. when/why would I do the *228 option 2 (samsung fascinate on VZN)? I see that also suggested quite often.

thanks for all the great info.

1. Depends on what you are reading, if it is for use during odin flag it is removed so that the phone does not have voltage variation during a flash, forces it to run off the power of the usb port.

If for some reason you lose radio/modem signal, pulling the battery for a bit removes voltage to retain settings for the radio.on boot up the radio is forced to rescan.

If the phone locks up and you can't shut down , pulling the battery kills any running procsses that may be causing conflict.

2.updates network settings and roaming capabilities. To ensure you can lock on to towers out side of verizons covered areas

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reactions: amylouisa

DINGSTER1

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Lost my fascinate yesterday and immediately turned around and ordered another one from ebay. Can't deal with this Tour's sucky trackball!!!! I managed to find on in WHITE too so I'm really happy!!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Lost my fascinate yesterday and immediately turned around and ordered another one from ebay. Can't deal with this Tour's sucky trackball!!!! I managed to find on in WHITE too so I'm really happy!!

Gotta get one of those apps like "where's my droid" to make sure that doesnt happen again...

muckdawg24

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Somewhat new to the Fascinate family. Flashed my phone a few times. Haven't seemed to mess it up to bad yet. Running SC 2.9.2 Thanks for a great forum!

ortizfam32

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi all.. just want to introduce myself

New to this, so please forgive if I ask any dumb questions. I have been reading as much as possible. I have just rooted my fascinate and also have superuser, but how do I back it up before I start playing around with it. Any suggestions?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
New to this, so please forgive if I ask any dumb questions. I have been reading as much as possible. I have just rooted my fascinate and also have superuser, but how do I back it up before I start playing around with it. Any suggestions?

if you put on the latest clockwork, just boot into that and then do a backup from there. That will do a system backup, but if you want one for your apps and data, then do that and use either Titanium backup or Mybackup

Nandroid=system
TI, Mybackup= data/apps/settings

I flash a lot of stuff so I have them both

OHSteel

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Is that "reboot into recovery" in ROM Manager?

The Recovery he is referring to is Clockwork. Just hold your power button like you would to power down and select "Recovery" instead. This will take you to CWM.

TapATalkin From My SuperClean ComaVolt Kernel Fascinate

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan