Text Messaging Issues

UltiMatDan

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having problems sending and receiving text messages? Seems like people aren't receiving my regular texts and i'm not receiving peoples picture messages.

Using Handcent and Launcher Pro on my Fascinate.

Thanks.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
What is your build and baseband? Stock, rooted, custom ROM?

Usually this type of thing occurs when the radio doesn't match the build

UltiMatDan

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hardware version: i500.04
Model number: SCH-I500
Firmware version: 2.1-update 1
Baseband S:i500.04 V.EA28

Its not rooted or using a custom ROM. I do use Launcher Pro though instead of Touch Wiz and Handcent instead of the stock Messaging. Could it be because of one of those?

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Are other people receiving your texts? As in, you send to contact A, but contact B receives instead? Or are they just not being sent at all?

UltiMatDan

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
So far it seems like just one person isnt receiving my texts and im also not receiving their picture messages. Havent had a response from someone else saying they received the message instead. They are also not showing any signs on my end of being undelivered. I am however receiving their text messages but then they are left wondering why i havent replied...when I actually did.

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
"Gunner will like this" could it be the other persons phone thats messed up and not yours if its only one person not getting what your sending but everyone else is.

H2o

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem about a month ago. Not rooted. Using stock on everything. Took it to the verizon store..of course they had no answers. I did dial *228 and optioned 2(reset roaming towers) and it did not help..it eventually cleared itself up....now I'm rooted using sc2.8 and it started doing it again 2 days ago..*shrugs

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781