Phone wont stay off while charging?

geosnipe

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I noticed my Fascinate doing the same thing but I narrowed it down to this:

A) At home using OEM Samsung wall wart and cable- no problems.

B) In vehicle using an Enercell 12v cig to USB adapter and a non-samsung cable- problems.

I hope this helps...

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
A) At home using OEM Samsung wall wart and cable- no problems.

I hope this helps...

This may. We never did ask the OP if he was using his OEM cable in his computer or via the wall jack....

I just read another USB thread here where somebody stated issues with USB PC connections due to USB power on the PC. They bought a powered USB Hub and issues went away.

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, I just flashed the 2.9.1 patch and now the problem is fixed

Not sure why it was doing that, was getting frustrating!

Any, thanks everyone for your help and suggestions!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, I just flashed the 2.9.1 patch and now the problem is fixed

Not sure why it was doing that, was getting frustrating!

Any, thanks everyone for your help and suggestions!

good to hear glad you got it working!

2.9.1 is very nice. I am even going without a theme right now. Just perfect the way it is.

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I am really liking the 2.9.1.... very smooth.

Question now... i just ran terminal emulator>su>bstats (as per the battery life thread)

is it just me or now it seems like I am flying through battery while using the phone?

Went from 99% to 94% in 10 minutes... i thought the bstats wipe would help this?

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

Question now... i just ran terminal emulator>su>bstats (as per the battery life thread)

is it just me or now it seems like I am flying through battery while using the phone?

Went from 99% to 94% in 10 minutes... i thought the bstats wipe would help this?

I recall Landshark stating it takes a couple of days to notice the improvements. I just did the same thing last night and the battery does seem to be going pretty quick. I am giving it a couple of days first though.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I recall Landshark stating it takes a couple of days to notice the improvements. I just did the same thing last night and the battery does seem to be going pretty quick. I am giving it a couple of days first though.

Hey guys, don't forget to keep your GPS off when not using it. For some reason on this leaked version of Froyo (EB01), GPS drains the battery like crazy even if you are not actively using it. Go menu=>settings=>location and security and uncheck stand alone GPS. Then when you need GPS, go in and check stand alone. Adrynalyne has advised us all to toggle GPS and wifi from the settings menu rather than the quick panel in the notification bar drop down. When you check and uncheck stand alone GPS in the settings it turns your GPS icon in quick panel on and off.

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, don't forget to keep your GPS off when not using it. For some reason on this leaked version of Froyo (EB01), GPS drains the battery like crazy even if you are not actively using it. Go menu=>settings=>location and security and uncheck stand alone GPS. Then when you need GPS, go in and check stand alone. Adrynalyne has advised us all to toggle GPS and wifi from the settings menu rather than the quick panel in the notification bar drop down. When you check and uncheck stand alone GPS in the settings it turns your GPS icon in quick panel on and off.

Thanks... I generally only put the GPS on if I am using maps or nav. Other than that, it is off. I use a dark background and keep my display brightness pretty low, so not really sure why the sudden quick draing battery

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks... I generally only put the GPS on if I am using maps or nav. Other than that, it is off. I use a dark background and keep my display brightness pretty low, so not really sure why the sudden quick draing battery

Also don't forget we are running a leaked, rejected version of Froyo, so there are bound to be bugs and problems.

Reactions: JOrtenzi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech