Eclair EA28 Battery Life Decrease, Lock Ups

Phattmatt68

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having problems with their phone since the last update they pushed? My battery-life has gone from 8hrs to 3hrs from a full charge, and the screen freezes and the phone locks up. My wife has the same issues, but her phone will not turn back on after a freeze unless plugged into a charger. She is also having issues with it being completly dead and 30 sec. on the charger says it is full. I experianced minor lag from time to time before the update, but now it is an everyday occurance. Really annoying!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having problems with their phone since the last update they pushed? My battery-life has gone from 8hrs to 3hrs from a full charge, and the screen freezes and the phone locks up. My wife has the same issues, but her phone will not turn back on after a freeze unless plugged into a charger. She is also having issues with it being completly dead and 30 sec. on the charger says it is full. I experianced minor lag from time to time before the update, but now it is an everyday occurance. Really annoying!

Hello Phattmatt Welcome to Android Central. i have never heard of the build DL10, please go to
settings>about phone> please tell me what it says under baseband and build number

Phattmatt68

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I was half asleep when they pushed this to me OTA, I saw a "D" and some other numbers it was DI01 to EA28. Anyway my Baseband is "S:i500.04 V.EA28" and the build number is "SCH-I500.EA28", this is the latest system update to fix the emergency call button, but on my phones it screwed up more than it fixed.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I was half asleep when they pushed this to me OTA, I saw a "D" and some other numbers it was DI01 to EA28. Anyway my Baseband is "S:i500.04 V.EA28" and the build number is "SCH-I500.EA28", this is the latest system update to fix the emergency call button, but on my phones it screwed up more than it fixed.

thats the case wi alot of the updates that get pushed ota. have you concidered rooting and going with a froyou rom?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
This is like the guy on the corner trying to push candy on little kids! Damn you are pushing it like it was a drug....

OK OK OK it is! I agree. Nothing better than rooting and custom setup.

C'mon. Just try it. It'll make you feel so good. First one's free, it's on me bro.
Something like that Suicide? :p

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If you don't want to use a custom rom here is my recommendation.

Root, and use titanium backup to back up everything.
Charge battery to full, Odin flash back to DI01, and OTA back to EA28
Root again, restore apps + system data in Titanium Backup
Unroot via instructions with ADB

all necessary info can be found in DroidXCons post

Your problems to me sound like the update didn't take well. I've had similar experiences flashing Roms that didn't take properly.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01