1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    JT's ICS v3

Default Eclair EA28 Battery Life Decrease, Lock Ups

Is anyone else having problems with their phone since the last update they pushed? My battery-life has gone from 8hrs to 3hrs from a full charge, and the screen freezes and the phone locks up. My wife has the same issues, but her phone will not turn back on after a freeze unless plugged into a charger. She is also having issues with it being completly dead and 30 sec. on the charger says it is full. I experianced minor lag from time to time before the update, but now it is an everyday occurance. Really annoying!

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Phattmatt68 View Post
    Is anyone else having problems with their phone since the last update they pushed? My battery-life has gone from 8hrs to 3hrs from a full charge, and the screen freezes and the phone locks up. My wife has the same issues, but her phone will not turn back on after a freeze unless plugged into a charger. She is also having issues with it being completly dead and 30 sec. on the charger says it is full. I experianced minor lag from time to time before the update, but now it is an everyday occurance. Really annoying!
    Hello Phattmatt Welcome to Android Central. i have never heard of the build DL10, please go to
    settings>about phone> please tell me what it says under baseband and build number
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    JT's ICS v3

Sorry, I was half asleep when they pushed this to me OTA, I saw a "D" and some other numbers it was DI01 to EA28. Anyway my Baseband is "S:i500.04 V.EA28" and the build number is "SCH-I500.EA28", this is the latest system update to fix the emergency call button, but on my phones it screwed up more than it fixed.

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Phattmatt68 View Post
    Sorry, I was half asleep when they pushed this to me OTA, I saw a "D" and some other numbers it was DI01 to EA28. Anyway my Baseband is "S:i500.04 V.EA28" and the build number is "SCH-I500.EA28", this is the latest system update to fix the emergency call button, but on my phones it screwed up more than it fixed.
    thats the case wi alot of the updates that get pushed ota. have you concidered rooting and going with a froyou rom?

ROM
    ROM / Kernel of the day

Quote Originally Posted by gunnermike53 View Post
    have you concidered rooting and going with a froyou rom?
    This is like the guy on the corner trying to push candy on little kids! Damn you are pushing it like it was a drug....

OK OK OK it is! I agree. Nothing better than rooting and custom setup.

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Shift View Post
    This is like the guy on the corner trying to push candy on little kids! Damn you are pushing it like it was a drug....

C'mon. Just try it. It'll make you feel so good. First one's free, it's on me bro.
    Something like that Suicide?
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Shift View Post

To funny.....

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    ROM
    Super Frankenclean 2.9.2V

Peer pressure is great!

Sent from my Froyo'd Fascinate via Tapatalk

ROM
    Stock

Red pill or blue pill?

Sent from my Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk.
    "Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.

If you don't want to use a custom rom here is my recommendation.

Root, and use titanium backup to back up everything.
    Charge battery to full, Odin flash back to DI01, and OTA back to EA28
    Root again, restore apps + system data in Titanium Backup
    Unroot via instructions with ADB

all necessary info can be found in DroidXCons post

Your problems to me sound like the update didn't take well. I've had similar experiences flashing Roms that didn't take properly.
    Anything you can do iCandobetter

If you're having kernel problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a glitch ain't one!

Don't be afraid to click the thanks button at the bottom of a post. It tells AC to put some skittles down the chute in our cage :-)

S.E. W810i (ret) S.E. W850i (ret) S.E. w902 (ret) S.E. satio (r.i.p. software support) , samsung fascinate (ret), droid 3 (backup), droid razr(returned), gnex mike's Π