Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Looking For app to show email and sms counts on icons

Hey guys looking for an app that shows how many e-mail and text messages there are next to the icon. It's kind of like the way HTC Incredible or any other HTC android has on there's. I would appreciate it.

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by kb31550 View Post
    Hey guys looking for an app that shows how many e-mail and text messages there are next to the icon. It's kind of like the way HTC Incredible or any other HTC android has on there's. I would appreciate it.
    its an option for most launchers. launcher pro and adw both have that option.

You can use launcher pro. There's a setting where you can make little numbers pop up over your text, phone, and gmail. Have you ever used launcher pro?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yeah I have used launcher pro where exactly is it ?

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

Yeah I have used launcher pro where exactly is it ?
    Its in preferances, dock settings.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks. Any idea of any others that show it on the stock e-mail app as well ?

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    ROM
    GeeWiz 2.6

Good question, I would like to know as well

ROM
    SC 2.9nv/EC10nv

I don't know the name off hand but if you search in the market for gmail count I think it'll pop up. There's an app that'll display the unread count as a red number on the corner of the stock gmail shortcut icon.

Sent from Tapatalk on my SC2.9 Honeycomb/Nitrocomb Fascinate.
    Phone:Fascinate SC2.9.2/Jt's 04-18 Kernel/Honeycomb Theme
    Tablet:Xoom Honeycomb Stock

Global Posts
    646 Global Posts

ADW Notifier
    has a "Chuck Norriz" mode that attempts to indicate motifications system wide. It works for things like the clock and Market, I would assume it'll work for the stock e-mail app, but since I don't use it I can't say for sure.

You do have to be using ADW launcher though.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

SMS Unread Count: works for sms/gmail/missed calls or Gmail Unread Count are two options.

Global Posts
    961 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10/Devil

I'd guess all the HTC phones have it because it's a 2.2 feature. I don't use the stock email app so I can't speak for that but since DL30 the messaging icon in TW has a counter in the dock.

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    ROM
    GB & ICS

There is an app called Adw notifier in the Market. It will give the unread message count and email etc... but it needs to be used with ADW launcher or LauncherPro.