VZW sending new phone: ?'s. was Problems since leaving FROYO...its getting bad

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Actually these problems started when I had FROYO which is part of why I deleted it and went back. I thought going back had fixed it. It really was good for a few days. Now its horrible again. Anyway here it is.

1) Email. I get no notification of email unless I turn the phone totally off and back on. Just now I checked my Tab and there are 48 emails since last night at 10pm. Phone doesnt show a single email. Turned it off and back on and bam there they are.

2) Basically Im only getting call and text notifications. No Weather Channel. No email. No Words With Friends. Nothing.

3) Ill go to open an app or say into settings and the lag is insane. Sometimes it takes 5 mins before it force closes and Im back at the home page. Have had to do a battery pull a few times.

4) When Im in a call and go to hang up it wont. Several times Ive had to stay on the call and do a battery pull to hang it up. It actually happened while I was hanging up with my dr. Baby in the background crying and dog barking because of ups man. It was crazy! This and email are the worst two problems.

5) Speed in general is just horrible. Going from an app to the home page takes a lifetime. Apps open quickly but close slowly.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Another reset maybe? Should I call VZW and ask for a replacement phone? Ive checked my settings and they are perfect. I Just dont know anymore and the email and call issues are getting to be enough where I might have to give up totally which I really dont want to do. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Just as I finished typing this my mom called and the phone wouldnt let me answer. She kept calling. It kept locking up. I got annoyed and called VZW. It was that or throw the phone in the lake. They are shipping me a new one. So now my question is should I format the SD card when the new one comes to remove any left overs from FROYO? I have update folder on there. I also cant get the SD card to run while its in the phone since FROYO. I have to remove it and use a card reader. I dont mind replacing the things on it (music and such) so if I format it everything will be gone and it will be like starting fresh yes? Also Im thinking I should factory reset the phone one more time before I send it back? Just to be safe? I can do that today and just use my Tab for email and all that. What do you all think? Im hoping the new phone works well! I really like this one all issues aside. Loved my X but after having this I hate the idea of going back.

skipper2

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Why don't you just switch out the SD cards and keep the one that you had from your old phone which has everything on it? It should be exactly the same as the one they are shipping you.

Reactions: melissasroja

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
No they arent sending me an SD card. Im keeping the one I have. It has very little one it. A few songs and a few pics. Nothing I cant easily replace. But it also has the update folder on it from when I went to FROYO. Will that have any ill effects on the new phone since I wont be going to FROYO on that one until VZW pushes out the OTA? I was just thinking if I format the SD card it will be totally empty and like new when I put it in the new phone.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
No they arent sending me an SD card. Im keeping the one I have. It has very little one it. A few songs and a few pics. Nothing I cant easily replace. But it also has the update folder on it from when I went to FROYO. Will that have any ill effects on the new phone since I wont be going to FROYO on that one until VZW pushes out the OTA? I was just thinking if I format the SD card it will be totally empty and like new when I put it in the new phone.

Can you still sync the phone to your computer and mount the sd card to transfer files? If so why not transfer what you have on your sd card to your computer, format the sd card, then you can just transfer everything back to the sd card. If you can't mount the sd card do you have an sd card slot on your computer? If so buy a micro sd card adapter you put the micro sd card into to make it a full size sd card then transfer the files that way. If your computer doesn't have an sd card slot, then buy a micro sd card reader. Just a few ideas on ways to not lose what you have on the sd card.

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I cant sync the phone to the comp no. That happened when I went to FROYO. Day before I went to FROYO I added my music to the card and it was fine. Day after FROYO I tried adding a ringtone to the card and couldnt sync. I had to take the card out of the phone and use an SD card reader. What you said above is pretty much what I was thinking. Take the card out. Put it in the reader. Format the card. Put the blank card in the new phone before I even turn it on. Then just sync my stuff back into the new phone with the comp. All my stuff is on the comp still so its easy. This will A) give me a blank new card in the phone when I activate it and B) give me the chance to make sure the new phone can sync fine to the comp. Agreed?

Also any opinions as to if I should factory reset this phone one last time before sending it back? I dont want VZW to get it and realize I had FROYO and give me hell. If they ask why I reset it Ill just say I did it to make sure no one has my info when I send it back.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Also any opinions as to if I should factory reset this phone one last time before sending it back? I dont want VZW to get it and realize I had FROYO and give me hell. If they ask why I reset it Ill just say I did it to make sure no one has my info when I send it back.

a factory reset won't get rid of froyo, you'd have to odin back to stock using the instructions here:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/66762-samsung-fascinate-rooting-return-stock-remove-system-apps-other-how.html

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok great thank you very much! You guys are the best! If only you could help me fix my husbands original Droid but thats another battle for another day! lol

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear you've had so many problems with your Fascinate!! I've had my Fascinate since it came out and its been a great phone with no issues. Others like yourself have experienced problems, so your best bet would be to return it for a replacement. I recently got tired of waiting for Verizon to send us 2.2 OTA so I flashed Froyo and haven't had any problems.
Best of luck with your replacement. When everything is running as it should, this is without a doubt, one of the best phones out......at the moment. :)
Good luck and let us know how you make out!

blown14psi

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear that you had problems. I only ran into problems when I didn't wipe the caches before a flash. Maybe you just got a bad phone.

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys. I hope the new one is great. I had these same issues with my daughters Pixi Plus. Actually more issues. It took several trips to the VZW store and geeze I think 4 or 5 phones before we got her a good one. All this a week before her birthday (the phone was her gift) so I had to keep hiding these phones, trips and calls from her. It was pure hell but then we got the phone she has now and the thing is amazing. Works great. Im hoping its the same issue with this. Just a bad phone and Ill be good to go!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21