no email via wifi

JHLNewYork

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. Just rooted to Superclean 2.9 and now I no longer receive my email (using K-9 app) coming to the phone if I am on my HOME wifi system which is incidentally comcast. At work, I get the email fine over the wifi system there. Is really annoying. Now I used to get the email at home before I rooted.

So my guess it is the rooting (phone issue)

or

Comast security on the modem.

Anyone have this problem or have a fix?

Thank you.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi all. Just rooted to Superclean 2.9 and now I no longer receive my email (using K-9 app) coming to the phone if I am on my HOME wifi system which is incidentally comcast. At work, I get the email fine over the wifi system there. Is really annoying. Now I used to get the email at home before I rooted.

So my guess it is the rooting (phone issue)

or

Comast security on the modem.

Anyone have this problem or have a fix?

Thank you.

a port probably got blocked by comcasts email filter. if it doesnt correct its self in a day or 2 call them.

JHLNewYork

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Ugh. really don't like calling comcast :)

I know they will tell me to reboot my modem so I will try that first.... Then again, since everything else (browser etc) works on wifi at home, I could just use switch to 3G to get my email...and it might be a nice excuse to be able to say "I don't get email at home":D

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok comcast doesn't block 110 and 143(at least in my area) so inbound email is fine. Are you using POP or IMAP? It sounds like work mail possibly exchange. Also what email provider are you using?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz