1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Facebook Update errors

Ever since I updated my facebook app yesterday, I keep getting errors on pictures. Pictures will not show up and just show an exclamation point with a generic photo icon. Anyone else having this issue?

My friend has a Droid-X and updated his but his pictures work fine on Facebook.

Same issue here. Not seen anything regarding a fix yet unfortunately.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default ok

Quote Originally Posted by carguy37757 View Post
    Same issue here. Not seen anything regarding a fix yet unfortunately.
    whew, at least it isn't just me.

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stocks the best!

Yeah mine crashed after the update but now it's fine

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Same here

add me to ever growing list. Maybe a warning to all who have not updated...hold off, and wait for the next update from Facebook?

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Looks like they just put out a new update that fixes the issue. It's working for me now without crashing

Not seeing it on my end. Just checked and still no pictures, the pictures in the bottom just keep flashing.
    Last edited by jtalker1965; 03-16-2011 at 06:35 PM. Reason: typing error!

same issue here, just checked for a new update though, no luck.

ROM
    "EC01" ~ Jt's EC10 Voodoo

Mine is working just fine on 2.9.1

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

2.9.1???? no clue in what that means, Are you rooted? I am running stock.

Maybe they jumped the gun in anticipation for the Froyo OTA!! I kid, I kid....

carefull in joking about (froyo) gunner will blow another gasket. Of course it's pretty funny how all of these big smart prople can't answer simple questions, I wounder why????

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by jtalker1965 View Post
    carefull in joking about (froyo) gunner will blow another gasket. Of course it's pretty funny how all of these big smart prople can't answer simple questions, I wounder why????
    If it's such a simple question you should be able to figure out the solution on your own, and shouldn't need the help of the big smart people. These forums are here for everyone to engage in discussions about our phones and help each other out. If you insist on insulting the members who spend countless hours on these forums helping people every single day, I will simply say bad form, brush up on the rules & guidelines of the forums http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...2-26-2011.html especially the part about being courteous and respectful, and move on.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,013 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

My dinc is the opposite...totally working now as opposed to last week!

Default tweetdeck facebook update

Is anyone having problem getting facebook updates on tweetdeck? It stopped updating yesterday or so. I checked if that app was blocked on facebook and it it not. I have already tried rebooting the phone. I have also tried Clear Data and Clear Cashe.
    Update: I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. It's working again.

Well, I should be added to the list of the not working. :-( It is my hope that it will work soon, I do find it very annoying.

Also, I appreciate all those who spend countless hours helping out us people who just don't have the time to search down every little fix! :-)

Thank you! And have a great St. Patrick's Day!
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,013 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Is anybody having issues and are rooted?

I was rooted and had issues with 1.5.1 (listen to the podcast)
    Since the update it is working great on my dinc.

I never ment no disrespect to the members or any one else here. I just stated that some people just have a trigger. The "froyo" topics are totally different for each and every person. Some people just won't take the time to read the old post. FaceBook is important to alot of people on different levels. I lately have been using it to keep friends updated on my status my broken leg and when we look for answers we ask here the same as others do. So when the "big brians" don't chime in I and others wonder why.
    So in a nut shell SORRY if I wronged anyone. JT

I was having all the issues also since last night, then I accidently turned my phone off while cleaning the screen and when I turned it back on all is good now. Last night I even uninstalled, reinstalled and that didnt work glad my pretty screen needed some love!!!

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by jtalker1965 View Post
    I never ment no disrespect to the members or any one else here. I just stated that some people just have a trigger. The "froyo" topics are totally different for each and every person. Some people just won't take the time to read the old post. FaceBook is important to alot of people on different levels. I lately have been using it to keep friends updated on my status my broken leg and when we look for answers we ask here the same as others do. So when the "big brians" don't chime in I and others wonder why.
    So in a nut shell SORRY if I wronged anyone. JT
    Yes the "froyo" topic can be a sore subject simply because unless you are willing to root and install the leaked version of Froyo we have, there nothing anyone here on these forums can do here in the forums to get Verizon to release it any sooner. So basically complaining here about not having Froyo does you no good. The only chance you have to get anywhere is by everyone continuously complaining to Verizon. Here at the forums we all do our best to help each other out and offer solutions to problems. The only solution available here at AC for anyone who does not have Froyo, is assistance in rooting and installing one of the custom Froyo ROMs. The reason why sometimes your question may get missed or not answered in a timely manner is you have to remember helping people here in the forums is not a job, it is something those of us who are capable of doing, do of our own choosing and on our own time. I don't know if I would necessarily include myself in the "big brain" category as there is still a ton I don't know. But please remember the "big brains" have a paying job and a personal life which will rightly get in the way of being able to monitor the forums 24/7.

The delay in Verizon's release in Froyo for the Fascinate has caused a large increase in the number of new people coming here to root and get Froyo because they are sick and tired of waiting for Froyo. I understand this and have basically sacrificed any semblance of a personal life and have even put myself in a tough situation at work to spend extra time here in the forums to help as many people as I can. I'm not blaming anyone here for that. I did it of my own free choice and I knew the risks when I did it. Just please keep that in mind when you start insinuating the "big brains" cannot answer a simple question. Not being able to answer a question is completely different from not being able to dedicate the time necessary to read every single post so you don't miss a question. Sometimes questions fall between the cracks and get missed.

All that being said, sometimes a small remnant of the old app may be left behind after an update. If this is what is causing the problem with viewing pics in facebook. If that is the case I hope this may fix the problem. Hit the menu soft key and go settings=>applications=>manage applications=>all, scroll to facebook and click on it. On the screen that appears, one, both, or neither of the following gray boxes may be "illuminated" and capable of being clicked: CLEAR DATA and CLEAR CACHE. Click on either one or both of these bars which are clickable, then reboot phone. If there are any remnants of the old facebook app leftover, that should get rid of them and hopefully fix your issue.
    If that doesn't fix your problem, then hopefully one of the big branins will see this tread and be able to help you with your problem.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
    Thanked by:

All that being said, sometimes a small remnant of the old app may be left behind after an update. If this is what is causing the problem with viewing pics in facebook. If that is the case I hope this may fix the problem. Hit the menu soft key and go settings=>applications=>manage applications=>all, scroll to facebook and click on it. On the screen that appears, one, both, or neither of the following gray boxes may be "illuminated" and capable of being clicked: CLEAR DATA and CLEAR CACHE. Click on either one or both of these bars which are clickable, then reboot phone. If there are any remnants of the old facebook app leftover, that should get rid of them and hopefully fix your issue.
    If that doesn't fix your problem, then hopefully one of the big branins will see this tread and be able to help you with your problem.[/QUOTE]

Did all of this and it worked! You may have to do this a few time as I did!!!
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,013 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Clear Cache did it for me as well....Many times I had to try it.

A simple restart of mine and my wife's fascinate fixes the issue. Does each restart clear the cache?

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by Big Z View Post
    A simple restart of mine and my wife's fascinate fixes the issue. Does each restart clear the cache?
    I'm not super knowledgeable about that, but my guess would be that the restart does not clear the cache. What would make more sense to me is that the restart helps complete whatever changes you have made. Like Windows downloading updates to your computer then when the download is done you get the message that pops up that says your computer needs to be restarted in order to complete the install.