Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Xrayeyes's Avatar

    Posts
    11 Posts
    ROM
    2.2.1, ED01, 2.6.32.9

    Default Outlook Label colors on my phone

    I'm trying to figure out how I can bring in the meeting label colors from Outlook into my phone. I would really like to have this as I use the colors to quickly ID an important meeting/event.I have looked into the stock phone and I have even downloaded a couple different calendars to see if I can make this happen. Currently I am running the Android Agenda Widget, I really like it but I would love to be able to see those colors that I have in Outlook.
  2. #2  
    gunnermike53's Avatar

    Posts
    3,195 Posts
    ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xrayeyes View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how I can bring in the meeting label colors from Outlook into my phone. I would really like to have this as I use the colors to quickly ID an important meeting/event.I have looked into the stock phone and I have even downloaded a couple different calendars to see if I can make this happen. Currently I am running the Android Agenda Widget, I really like it but I would love to be able to see those colors that I have in Outlook.
    that is a function of google calendars. i need more details. what calendar, do you sync your pc with google calendars?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Xrayeyes's Avatar

    Posts
    11 Posts
    ROM
    2.2.1, ED01, 2.6.32.9

    Default

    I do not sync my calendars except on my phone. So if I read you correctly, I need to sync my outlook with my google calendar? Then the colors will transfer through? My issue with that (not a huge deal) is right now I share my google calendar with a few people so they know my weekend schedule and I don't want to put my M-F calendar out there for them. I think I could probably create a new calendar for that if I needed to, or come up with another idea.
    How can I sync those up? I tried a year or two ago and never could get it to work.
  4. #4  
    gunnermike53's Avatar

    Posts
    3,195 Posts
    ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xrayeyes View Post
    I do not sync my calendars except on my phone. So if I read you correctly, I need to sync my outlook with my google calendar? Then the colors will transfer through? My issue with that (not a huge deal) is right now I share my google calendar with a few people so they know my weekend schedule and I don't want to put my M-F calendar out there for them. I think I could probably create a new calendar for that if I needed to, or come up with another idea.
    How can I sync those up? I tried a year or two ago and never could get it to work.
    what the heck are you posting for? lol. you answered your questions.

    except , you need to get google calendar sync for your pc.

    have fun!!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Xrayeyes's Avatar

    Posts
    11 Posts
    ROM
    2.2.1, ED01, 2.6.32.9

    Default

    I posted because, as my profile level points out, I wasn't aware that the 2 calendars needed to be synced and now I have to figure that out. Still trying to figure out the intricacies of this tool! I just don't have hours every day to bang my head against the wall trying to figure everything out.
    Thank you though for pointing me in the right direction.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Xrayeyes's Avatar

    Posts
    11 Posts
    ROM
    2.2.1, ED01, 2.6.32.9

    Default

    All right I did all that, I now have my calendars synced but I still can't figure out how to have the event color come through. I have the default calendar colors showing but not the individual event colors. They don't even show up in my Google calendar, so how would they transfer over to my phone?
  7. #7  
    gunnermike53's Avatar

    Posts
    3,195 Posts
    ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xrayeyes View Post
    All right I did all that, I now have my calendars synced but I still can't figure out how to have the event color come through. I have the default calendar colors showing but not the individual event colors. They don't even show up in my Google calendar, so how would they transfer over to my phone?
    hhhhmmm. i will have to play with that some. i got it to work on mine, it was so long ago, i will have to figure that out. keep trying on your end, and post if you figure it out. i will do the same.
  8. #8  
    gunnermike53's Avatar

    Posts
    3,195 Posts
    ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xrayeyes View Post
    I posted because, as my profile level points out, I wasn't aware that the 2 calendars needed to be synced and now I have to figure that out. Still trying to figure out the intricacies of this tool! I just don't have hours every day to bang my head against the wall trying to figure everything out.
    Thank you though for pointing me in the right direction.
    i was just ammused at how you were answering your own questions. i think you have a handle on it. it was just funny thats all.
  9. #9  
    eibbed0001's Avatar

    Posts
    429 Posts
    ROM
    Stock rooted

    Default

    I'm researching that on Google right now and so far it seems that many people want that feature but it is not available. The advice I've seen is to create multiple calendars of different colors and do it that way, but without having done it myself that sounds like it just isn't the same. I'd rather have one calendar with types of events color coded like in Outlook. Apparently that isn't an option.

    Here's a link to one discussion:
    You know, I've never met anyone like you before. Usually when I meet someone new I feel awkward and shy. But with you it's different.

Posting Permissions

B