About to take the Froyo plunge...

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Apologies, I just freaked a bit when I saw that. I did not expect it. Like I mentioned before, I did not think that you would spread a virus. Your reputation speaks for itself...

Carrying on....

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Apologies, I just freaked a bit when I saw that. I did not expect it. Like I mentioned before, I did not think that you would spread a virus. Your reputation speaks for itself...

Carrying on....

no i apologize hope i didnt come off as harsh. i do understand your concern but i assure you it is safe. Friends? :)

domenci

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
i had to build the odin packages different, i state it in the FAQ and the installation part of the thread i gave you ,,,so when you flash superclean with odin you are getting cwm froyo, not cwm all....if you followed my instructions in the odin thread the first instruction is to download update.zip and place it on your sdcard,,,, then when you boot into blue recovery you can apply sdcard:update.zip by hitting the home button...

but you can just use the thread i gave you can install cwm all with odin and it will go directly into clockwork
I'll go into the odin thread and reread that as well as the other thread you posted. I would like to point out, however, that you just wrote "when you flash superclean with odin you are getting cwm froyo" and I clearly do not have it, so there is still some miscommunication going on. Thanks again.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'll go into the odin thread and reread that as well as the other thread you posted. I would like to point out, however, that you just wrote "when you flash superclean with odin you are getting cwm froyo" and I clearly do not have it, so there is still some miscommunication going on. Thanks again.

there is only one reason this would happen and it is either the update.zip you have is the wrong one or its corrupted. otherwise its on there

domenci

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, figured out that I totally glossed over the first step in the SuperClean thread and did not download the update.zip... in the description of the versions of SC it makes it seem as it's the SC ROM that gives you CWM, not a separate process. Thanks again for the help, I'll try to help others in turn when I can.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok, figured out that I totally glossed over the first step in the SuperClean thread and did not download the update.zip... in the description of the versions of SC it makes it seem as it's the SC ROM that gives you CWM, not a separate process. Thanks again for the help, I'll try to help others in turn when I can.

its the kernel that is included in the clockwork flashable version of superclean that gives you cwm all.

but with the odin version , i cant do that because it causes the phone not to wipe properly so i had to change it a bit

thanks for the willingness to help others its alway appreciated

Reactions: nickf126

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Thanks dude, I am now rooted, and running Superclean 2.9. You are the man, and like I said before, sorry for doubting you. Thanks again!

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Is there anywhere that I can look around at ROMs to see what they look like, and what is included before I flash them?

jampot

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I just want to say that it's been a week today since I took the plunge. I'm officially addicted, I've flashed three times since, and looking to flash a patch this afternoon for my clock because I miss the timer.

I love it. I love it. I love it.

My phone is ridiculously amazing. I kinda feel sorry for everyone else.
I realize how little they understand the power of their phones.
Perhaps some say ignorance is bliss. I say, "meh." My phone rocks! :)

Thanks again for all the terrific leadership. *sappy hugs all around*

samfascjdb68

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I just want to say that it's been a week today since I took the plunge. I'm officially addicted, I've flashed three times since, and looking to flash a patch this afternoon for my clock because I miss the timer.

agreed on the addictiveness. In a couple of weeks went from one click root to ODIN to CWM. Now I'm flasing ROM's and kernels as quick as they come out. I might flash a theme or two just because nothing new has happened in the last day or so.

Big Thanks to Adrynalyn, DroidXCon, Landshark, Sheepdog and a host of others (even gunnermike).

Reactions: Landshark

Dr. K_Xen

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm going to do it.
I want Froyo. I want because it there for the having.

I'm sooOOoo nervous. Maybe even a little scared.

Quick, encourage me. :)

Dooooooo it!!! :D

Read, read, read and absorb all the great information from the stickies!

Very nice welcome to the club :p

Reactions: jampot

sparesr4sissies

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
agreed on the addictiveness. In a couple of weeks went from one click root to ODIN to CWM. Now I'm flasing ROM's and kernels as quick as they come out. I might flash a theme or two just because nothing new has happened in the last day or so.

Big Thanks to Adrynalyn, DroidXCon, Landshark, Sheepdog and a host of others (even gunnermike).

Ha, that's the same thing I do. If nothing new comes out for a few days, I feel like I have to flash something. So it's usually a new theme. :)

sibebabe#CB

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok i'm gonna do it. Today!! I am currently working on the on click root and then will get the titanium backup going then what? It gets a bit fuzzy there!

jampot

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok i'm gonna do it. Today!! I am currently working on the on click root and then will get the titanium backup going then what? It gets a bit fuzzy there!
Hi Sib... so I'm the last person to probably give advice, but I think all the answers you need are found in links throughout this thread. I needed step-by-step instructions and they were all given in simple detail.

I'd start by reading Sheepdog's great thread: [How To] First time rooting walk-through

Then back up your contacts, then you can go over to DroidXcon's thread [Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25 and use the package that wipes data. Follow the steps. DXC's posts are very easy to follow and there are even pictures! :)

Also, the real pros (I am not one!) will help you out if you have any questions. These are the links I was referred to and they worked perfectly for me. You'll have a hard time messing up if you follow the directions exactly :)

Be sure to thank each person for the links! And maybe even buy them a cup of coffee.

There will be gurus to walk you through it, I promise!

Good luck :D

*Edited to say: if someone gives different advice to this, there's a super-big chance they know a lot more than me, so go with it. I've been given a great deal of help, so I just want to return the favor. Best....*

Last edited:
Reactions: Landshark

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey