Phone will only charge using USB and computer

Xplode22

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
A few weeks ago my phone stopped charging when I use the wall plug. It worked for a while using the car charger, then that stopped working too. Now it will only charge when I connect it to a USB connector on a computer. I use the same cable to plug into the wall charger as I do with the USB. Has anyone else seen this? I'm thinking this must be a hardware issue, but does anyone think it could be software? I am running the Froyo EB01 but it was working for several weeks on EB01 before it stopped.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
A few weeks ago my phone stopped charging when I use the wall plug. It worked for a while using the car charger, then that stopped working too. Now it will only charge when I connect it to a USB connector on a computer. I use the same cable to plug into the wall charger as I do with the USB. Has anyone else seen this? I'm thinking this must be a hardware issue, but does anyone think it could be software? I am running the Froyo EB01 but it was working for several weeks on EB01 before it stopped.

are you using the cable that came with the phone?

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
could be the usb to power adapter that came with the phone? did you try plugging in the cable to a different power adapter if you have one?

Xplode22

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
It IS the cable that came with the phone. It is a dual purpose cable. It has the USB connector that can connect straight into a USB plug or it can be connected to the wall adapter for charging in a wall outlet. I wondered if it was the wall adapter but I thought it was telling that my car charger stopped working as well. I don't have another non-usb adapter to try. I will go by the Verizon store and have them check as well, but I just wondered if anyone here had any ideas...people here seem to often know more than the people at the Verizon stores. ;-)

nickyj12

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
my phone stoped working being pluged into the wall, even with a new charger it charged down so i use the computer everyone keeps saying its the battery

misscasiopea

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi there! I found the solution to this problem using a 5v charger. In my case, it worked with a Blackberry charger. It seems it has a higher voltage than my a Sony Ericsson charger, that has 4.7v.

Try it out!

Paula

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol