Phone Humming When On Call & Screen Is Lit

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Anyone hearing the buzzing: make a call, take the phone away from your head, look at the softkeys... Are they lit up? If yes, this is why there is a buzz, and the kernel (to my knowledge) fixes/breaks this.

I am using the EB15 nonvoodoo "working" kernel and it doesnt light them up, and there is no buzzing.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone hearing the buzzing: make a call, take the phone away from your head, look at the softkeys... Are they lit up? If yes, this is why there is a buzz, and the kernel (to my knowledge) fixes/breaks this.

I am using the EB15 nonvoodoo "working" kernel and it doesnt light them up, and there is no buzzing.

flash another kernel and see what happens.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
so dont do that. lol.

Funny, I know... But I would bet you $5 its because the earpiece is close enough to be in hearing range, but too far to have the screen and softkeys turned off. And btw, I dont have this problem, I already dealt with it back when BLN was the rage... I guess I am the only one that remembers back that far ;)

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Funny, I know... But I would bet you $5 its because the earpiece is close enough to be in hearing range, but too far to have the screen and softkeys turned off. And btw, I dont have this problem, I already dealt with it back when BLN was the rage... I guess I am the only one that remembers back that far ;)

lol. you have been here longer than me. i just have a bigger mouth.

colotl

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm running superclean 2.9.2 non voodoo and have no buzzing sound and the battery problem others mention is not on my phone. Im loving it, cant wait for more versions.

geosnipe

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Exact problem: my phone e hums when I'm on a call and I remove it from my ear. I can hear it and so can the other person. Using bloated version of EB01. Whats the matter?

I had the same problem and fixed it by returning to stock, doing the OTA, then reroot via 1 click and flash CWM red via odin. Flashed SFC 2.6voodoo and EB16v3 kernel. Problem went away, phone, GPS, and tethering work great!

VZ Galaxy S

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress