1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Fascinate renders faster then Atrix w/tegra2?

I watched this video on youtube:

Ironically, on the test it renders 43 FPS, my fascinate renders 49.5 FPS.

How is my single core fascinate (1 year old?) faster then a dual core with tegra2??

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by mack View Post
    I watched this video on youtube:

Ironically, on the test it renders 43 FPS, my fascinate renders 49.5 FPS.

How is my single core fascinate (1 year old?) faster then a dual core with tegra2??
    Steroids
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    Steroids
    What does yours pull? I running 2.8SC, about to do voodoo right now though.

I ran it 2 more times and got 49.6 and after closing apps 50.9FPS.. I ran it a THIRD time and got 51.6 FPs :O

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

What does yours pull? I running 2.8SC, about to do voodoo right now though.

I ran it 2 more times and got 49.6 and after closing apps 50.9FPS.. I ran it a THIRD time and got 51.6 FPs :O
    I just got done testing DroidXcon's 2.9.2 ODIN package and I figured while I was back at nonvoodoo and had the back of the phone off I would try some things out and do a little playing/testing to satisfy some curiosities. So I can't run a benchmark or quadrant right now.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.

The atrix has been noted to have pretty lousy speed for all of it's awesome specs. The fascinate has an awesome GPU on board so that is probably the tipping point. Samsung makes AWESOME hardware.
    Anything you can do iCandobetter

If you're having kernel problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a glitch ain't one!

Don't be afraid to click the thanks button at the bottom of a post. It tells AC to put some skittles down the chute in our cage :-)

S.E. W810i (ret) S.E. W850i (ret) S.E. w902 (ret) S.E. satio (r.i.p. software support) , samsung fascinate (ret), droid 3 (backup), droid razr(returned), gnex mike's Π
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    ROM

Got 49.4 FPS on my fascinate. That is all stock. No mods since purchase. SCH-I500.EA28.

ROM
    Vanilla GingerBread v8

Hello.

What do you use to test/benchmark your phones?

Quote Originally Posted by Rigor Mortis View Post
    Hello.

What do you use to test/benchmark your phones?
    Most people quadrant, and linpack.
    Anything you can do iCandobetter

If you're having kernel problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a glitch ain't one!

Don't be afraid to click the thanks button at the bottom of a post. It tells AC to put some skittles down the chute in our cage :-)

S.E. W810i (ret) S.E. W850i (ret) S.E. w902 (ret) S.E. satio (r.i.p. software support) , samsung fascinate (ret), droid 3 (backup), droid razr(returned), gnex mike's Π

ROM
    Vanilla GingerBread v8

Thanks...have a nice night!!!!

ROM

How does the Fascinate compare against the iPhone?

Or, N/A (just curious; want to harrass a buddy that's an iPhone fan boy)...
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by JoeUserTX View Post
    How does the Fascinate compare against the iPhone?

Or, N/A (just curious; want to harrass a buddy that's an iPhone fan boy)...
    Not sure, too bad that app isn't available on iphone afaik.

how was mine 8 Mflops! I am running 2.9.2 how can it be so slow? What am i missing here?
    Last edited by bigjobber69; 03-26-2011 at 04:08 PM.

ROM
    AOKP ICS build 38

On paper the Fascinate beats the Iphone 4 in everyway. Also another good benchmark for graphics would be nenamark. Our Stock Galaxy S phones can run 50 frames per sec while most stock EVO's runs 15, and with the newer 2nd gen snap dragon processor over clocked it still only runs 30 frames per second. Our stock phones are either rivaling or beating the dual core Bionic in nenamark.

anyone why r my Mflops so low?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

mflops? what did you run?

mflops? what did you run?
    linpack

ROM
    Swapping them all out

Quote Originally Posted by bigjobber69 View Post
    linpack
    Linpack is just a number, and it doesn't cooperate well with our processor type. This is a perfect example of why multiple types of benchmarks are needed to truely test a phone, even then its just numbers, real world use is all thats important. Nenamark seems to be the best example of real world use.
    Kyocera Strobe> Motorola Razor> Motorola Q> Blackberry Curve> Droid X> Fascinate

My father got my Droid X, my stepmother has a Droid 2, and I'm using a rooted Fascinate, swapping out lots of roms.

ROM
    DL30 Super Clean 1.0

"faster than"

Sorry, pedantic I know... I just can't help myself.