Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock VZW 2.2

Default Issues with Dolphin Browser HD?

Is anyone else having issues with Dolphin Browser HD?

Ever time I open the browser, all the settings are reset to default and the Setup Wizard keeps coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy1576 View Post
    Is anyone else having issues with Dolphin Browser HD?

Ever time I open the browser, all the settings are reset to default and the Setup Wizard keeps coming up.
    I would go into manage applications and wipe the cache first. If that doesn't help then I would uninstall, wipe dalvik, and cache partition, then reinstall.

Sounds kind of like the problems people have been having with Launcher Pro. Keep us posted and we'll get you patched up.
    Anything you can do iCandobetter

If you're having kernel problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a glitch ain't one!

Don't be afraid to click the thanks button at the bottom of a post. It tells AC to put some skittles down the chute in our cage :-)

S.E. W810i (ret) S.E. W850i (ret) S.E. w902 (ret) S.E. satio (r.i.p. software support) , samsung fascinate (ret), droid 3 (backup), droid razr(returned), gnex mike's Π
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdog Elite View Post
    I would go into manage applications and wipe the cache first. If that doesn't help then I would uninstall, wipe dalvik, and cache partition, then reinstall.

Sounds kind of like the problems people have been having with Launcher Pro. Keep us posted and we'll get you patched up.
    sounds like the same database issue. check dbdata/databases folder for anything on dolphin browser and delete it. dont worry you wont break andything.....probably.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock VZW 2.2

That fixed it. Thanks guys!

This is a dolphin hd question so instead of new thread here's my question, everytime I close dolphin hd witg the back button it asks permissiin to quit. How do I get rid of that. Thanks guys

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by bigjobber69 View Post
    This is a dolphin hd question so instead of new thread here's my question, everytime I close dolphin hd witg the back button it asks permissiin to quit. How do I get rid of that. Thanks guys
    I just tried going menu=>more=>settings, scroll down to exit settings, unchecked confirm when exit, but that didin't work. I tried all different combinations in that menu, and it always popped up when exiting with the back button. Seems the only way to exit without getting the pop up is to hit the home soft key. I do that anyway because if I've checked several sites, hitting the back button goes back through all my browsing until I get to the Dolphin home page before I can exit with the back button.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    I just tried going menu=>more=>settings, scroll down to exit settings, unchecked confirm when exit, but that didin't work. I tried all different combinations in that menu, and it always popped up when exiting with the back button. Seems the only way to exit without getting the pop up is to hit the home soft key. I do that anyway because if I've checked several sites, hitting the back button goes back through all my browsing until I get to the Dolphin home page before I can exit with the back button.
    I mean there has to be a way. u can also option soft button and hit exit to exit but i like the back button. So no way around it lame.

You should menu> exit otherwise it leaves your browser open.

If you're having kernel problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a glitch ain't one!

Don't be afraid to click the thanks button at the bottom of a post. It tells AC to put some skittles down the chute in our cage :-)

S.E. W810i (ret) S.E. W850i (ret) S.E. w902 (ret) S.E. satio (r.i.p. software support) , samsung fascinate (ret), droid 3 (backup), droid razr(returned), gnex mike's Π

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdog Elite View Post
    You should menu> exit otherwise it leaves your browser open.
    right thats why i like to use the back button but the stupid notification is a pain in the booty! u have a way around that sheepy?

Well.. Since this is about dolphin browser hd, is there a way to make it so my phone doesn't drain so fast when I'm using it?

lol nope battery just sucks for this phone lol. just make sure to exit it out. And buy a extra charger for work

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by thepattyrick View Post
    Well.. Since this is about dolphin browser hd, is there a way to make it so my phone doesn't drain so fast when I'm using it?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjobber69 View Post
    lol nope battery just sucks for this phone lol. just make sure to exit it out. And buy a extra charger for work
    I would just add that it sucks for now because we are running a leaked, rejected, buggy build that Adrynalyne has done an amazing job repairing and cleaning up. Battery life will improve soon now that the devs have the source code from the Mesmerize and can use it to give us custom and undervolted kernels. May take a week or two though.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.

ROM
    EH03 SuperClean3

I would just add that it sucks for now because we are running a leaked, rejected, buggy build that Adrynalyne has done an amazing job repairing and cleaning up. Battery life will improve soon now that the devs have the source code from the Mesmerize and can use it to give us custom and undervolted kernels. May take a week or two though.
    This thought just never ceases to make my heart all warm and fuzzy

yah im excited for that as well!! As long as DX makes a Odin for it!!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jampot View Post
    This thought just never ceases to make my heart all warm and fuzzy
    You've never gotten to experience the custom kernel love either! They're awesome. I fell in love when they pulled the verizon drivers that were giving my computer a blue screen of death every time I plugged my phone it. Spent 4 hours tearing down and rebuilding my computer and it just kept happening. They pulled those drivers from the kernel and all of a sudden I was better. I almost dropped a grand on new computer hardware thinking all of my ram and my MoBo were bad LOL.