Contacts synced

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Can someone help me out the best way to show ur contacts. What I mean is that I want to see my friends Fbook pictures with there names but dont want to see everyone that I dont know from Fbook come up in my contacts. Also all weird emails from my gmail account. Is there a setting for this to make it work correct. I know before I jumped to froyo I had my contacts perfect now they are all screwy. Thanks guys.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
When you sync your FB contacts, I believe you can choose which ones you want to sync and which ones you don't.

As far as your Gmail question, I'm not really sure what it is you're asking... Can you give more details?

jampot

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
When you sync your FB contacts, I believe you can choose which ones you want to sync and which ones you don't.?
This is right... you just choose "Get Friends" then choose facebook. You'll see each "friend" and you check the box next to the ones you want to show in your contacts list. If you hit select all, you'll end up with 5 zillion "not really my friends but my FB friends" in you contacts. ugh! :)

**Edited to add that I had to redo this after going Froyo...

Agreeing with Kev about being unsure what you mean about Gmail...

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok I see everyones stupid gmail like email address in my contacts. with facebook is there away then to start that process over? I tried to just turn off the synch and still see everyone!! "facebook friends" not friends lol!

Edit:So going one by one on fbook friends just might be worth to do all! lol pain in my reer

jampot

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok I see everyones stupid gmail like email address in my contacts. with facebook is there away then to start that process over? I tried to just turn off the synch and still see everyone!! "facebook friends" not friends lol!

Edit:So going one by one on fbook friends just might be worth to do all! lol pain in my reer
Open your contacts.
Hit the menu button and then hit "More"
Click on display options.
The first choice you have is "Only contacts with phones"

I believe if you check that option, the only contacts you'll see are the ones with phone numbers. :)

Reactions: Landshark

jampot

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

As far as deleting your facebook goof up :)
You will just have to go into contacts, hit menu, then hit delete.
It will then show all the contacts you've got listed... it's a batch process, but just click each person you want out of your contacts... *sigh* It's a total pain :)

BigSwoe

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
You can also delete all contacts (I've done it many times) by going into manage apps, find contacts storage and then delete from there.

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
For Facebook... DO IT THROUGH THE FACEBOOK APP!!!!

It took me a while to figure that out and it was driving me nuts as well!

Facebook App > Settings > Sync Contacts > check Sync with existing contacts

For the gmail:

to prevent seeing all the "wierd" email

Go to Contacts > hit soft menu key > More > Display Options > Select your Google account > make sure "System Group: My Contacts" is the ONLY box checked.

This should clear up everything for you. If not, let me know.

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
ok but now I have double of like numbers with names of my friends that arent linked to the fbook pages. this is real annoying. has to be an easier way, I didnt have to this before. Like I have to link them all individually to there fbook account thats not right.

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
ok but now I have double of like numbers with names of my friends that arent linked to the fbook pages. this is real annoying. has to be an easier way, I didnt have to this before. Like I have to link them all individually to there fbook account thats not right.

If you had done it the way I described (one post up) that would not have happened... well, for me it worked

jampot

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if my directions messed you up. That's what I did and it worked for me with no problems at all.
I only want to help because so much help has been given to me.

Go with Jortenzi's advice... he's a pro. :)

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if my directions messed you up. That's what I did and it worked for me with no problems at all.
I only want to help because so much help has been given to me.

Go with Jortenzi's advice... he's a pro. :)

LOL... thanks, but I am definitely not a Pro... still learning, but maybe one day ;) lol

It just took me playing around with the settings for a while on my own one day, and that was the best I could come up with

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
ok ill mess around with it more when i get out of work...I can just unsync it or something and do your guys ways and see what happens. Thanks anyone else?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
ok ill mess around with it more when i get out of work...I can just unsync it or something and do your guys ways and see what happens. Thanks anyone else?

I'll chime in, but only to say follow JOrtenzi's advice. Also when you see double the contacts, one may show as a facebook contact and also as a phone contact. Just click on either of the duplicate contacts, click the soft menu key, click on join contact, the contacts with the same name should be listed, just click on the contact of the same name and the two contacts will be merged into one with all of the contact info in one contact entry - phone, facebook, email, birthday, etc. If you click on join contact and the duplicate contact is not immediately displayed, just click on show all contacts, find the duplicate, click on it, and they will be joined.

Reactions: jampot

jampot

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'll chime in, but only to say follow JOrtenzi's advice. Also when you see double the contacts, one may show as a facebook contact and also as a phone contact. Just click on either of the duplicate contacts, click the soft menu key, click on join contact, the contacts with the same name should be listed, just click on the contact of the same name and the two contacts will be merged into one with all of the contact info in one contact entry - phone, facebook, email, birthday, etc. If you click on join contact and the duplicate contact is not immediately displayed, just click on show all contacts, find the duplicate, click on it, and they will be joined.

Yes, totally!! I forgot about joining contacts. :) Love this phone!

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
yah i was joining contacts huge pain but sure i have to do it. Now cant get back to even having Fbook pictures with contacts. I have nodda! this is a pain

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
For Facebook... DO IT THROUGH THE FACEBOOK APP!!!!

It took me a while to figure that out and it was driving me nuts as well!

Facebook App > Settings > Sync Contacts > check Sync with existing contacts

For the gmail:

to prevent seeing all the "wierd" email

Go to Contacts > hit soft menu key > More > Display Options > Select your Google account > make sure "System Group: My Contacts" is the ONLY box checked.

This should clear up everything for you. If not, let me know.

Display options is KEY!!!!