Fascinate Hidden Antenna Ports

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to, but am afraid of the phone turning off the internal antennae, as there seems to be no way of turning it back on.

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to, but am afraid of the phone turning off the internal antennae, as there seems to be no way of turning it back on.

There is some discussion on an RV forum about using an external antenna (he even drilled a hole in the case) nowhere did it mention about the internal antenatal being disabled.

I have to admit, after seeing the pictures and finding out these are probably test ports and the hardware is not being modified, I have become intrigued by this idea.

Sent from my SC2.9.1 via Tapatalk

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't so much want an antenna to hook up to it, but if we could figure out a way of using a small amount of wire inside the case to boost the signal that would be great. I usually only get 2 bars at the most from home.

I actually tried last night and nothing changed, didn't get a better signal, internal antenna didn't die, nothing.

Eric Humenay

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I am hoping to hook up a spectrum analyzer to these ports this week to verify they are data and cell ports. I will post results whenever I have them.

Does anyone have any suggestions for cellular antenna vendors?

Scotty McAdam

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
the way these plugs work are that it actually disconnects your internal antenna to not create interference when sending and receiving at the same time. Most of the time the antenna detects that something is in the port and just physically switches the antenna port off (like for egsample the normal antenna runs through that port, and if something is plugged in it disables the connection on the other side, well thats how old school ones work) Ive been fixing phones for a long time and usually what happens is you have broken the solder track on the other side off the antenna port off when you were bending your home made antenna sideways or pointing north (or broke it when you shorted it with a screwdriver) or there is actual metal still making a connection inside. (this could be all false but we have the actual antenna patch leads that suit that plug they are widely available now and you dont get service from it until you plug an antenna into the other side of it) You can fix your phone by taking off the complete antenna port and soldering both sides together.

Madanmohan Mishra

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Well i am facing the same problem with my samsung galaxy s4. I want to know instead of making "L" and all why not solder the copper wire to the antenna of the phone?

Gadgeaaa

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the fun and comradery. I've been here since before launch, and I've seen a lot of the regulars here grow from nanite to professor! I want this to be the forum for Fascinate users, and it will take everyone to get there.

Look at it from an outsider's perspective: they come to a specific thread looking for specific information, and have to go through several posts that don't pertain to the OP to find what they are looking for. That will cause someone to go elsewhere.

If I was as heavy-handed as some others on some forums, those posts would have been deleted. Again, I don't want this to discourage the fun aspect, just want threads to stay more on topic

Exactly what you said. I came here from Google looking for specific answers that I thought this thread would answer. I want to mod my phone to get a better signal. I'm doing it anyway no matter what but I want to make sure I'm doing it correctly before I start poking at things.
I really don't think I'll find my answer here thus I indeed have intentions to go elsewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech